PDA

View Full Version : How many, what kind, and how old are your pets?

gletob
February 1st, 2009, 05:25 AM
If you have any

I have 5 pets

Rex - My personal favorite he is a dog mut

Morgan - Irish Setter Momma of 24 children

Jake - Irish Setter father of 24 children

Roxy - Fixed offspring of Jake & Morgan

Unamed - Betta Fish

I never name my fish. FISH DON'T DESERVE NAMES!!!

MellonCollie
February 1st, 2009, 05:33 AM
Unamed - Betta Fish

Awww, poor fish! You should call it "7". ;)

MikeTheC
February 1st, 2009, 06:10 AM
My cat has a pink skinned pet human, species humanus domesticus europea, who's name (oddly enough) is Mike.

In other news, my cat's mundane name is Hercules.

david_lynch
February 1st, 2009, 06:13 AM
max - male minpin about 9 years old
baby - female chihuahua pup, about 4 months old.

CraigPaleo
February 1st, 2009, 07:06 AM
Uncountable Endler's Livebearers and Guppies. Two Blood Parrots.

The Endler's and Guppies are un-ageable since they are born almost as fast as they die. The Blood Parrots are about two-months old. There haven't been many new fry in the main tank since the BP were introduced, which was kind of the point. :)

kaldor
February 1st, 2009, 08:13 AM
Lele: 10 year old cat ( Maine coon )
Midori: 4 year old Pearly Conure (Medium sized parrot)

RiceMonster
February 1st, 2009, 08:19 AM
no pets

never owned one in my life.

gnomeuser
February 1st, 2009, 08:48 AM
No pets currently, I used to have a rabbit who was slightly delusional. For all 12 years of his life he seems to have thought he was a parrot, at least he always wanted to sit on my shoulder. His name was Nimbus.

My fiancée and I are talking about getting dogs in the future when we can afford a house, she has always had them in her childhood home, I never did but I always liked them.

~cyrus~
February 1st, 2009, 09:06 AM
Never thought that I'd have cats at home, as I grew up with dogs. My wife wanted cats, and the trade off was that I could wipe out Windows, and load her desktop with Ubuntu. My laptop has Fedora, and we are now Windows free.

Surprise surprise...she said yes in an instant, and for the last 14 months we have two cats. She wanted them to be indoor cats for safety reasons. Also, she wanted a ragdoll, and they are quite defenceless.

Jasmine - a lilac ragdoll, who decided to sleep at the foot of my side of the bed each night. I don't have the heart to kick her off, so quite often I am the one who is curled up!

Melody - a beautiful and intelligent British Blue cat, extremely affectionate, and always follows us around the house.

Never thought that I'd speak so affectionately about cats.

blackened
February 1st, 2009, 09:29 AM
Cumulatively, my girlfriend and I have 6 pets. We came into the relationship with two each, but have since jointly aquired two more.

Bourbon - 8 year old female Great Pyrenees (or Pyrenean Mountain Dog, depending on your locale)
Belle - 4 year old female Great Pyrenees
Tomato - 4 year old male grey domestic shorthaired cat
Sigmund - 2 year old male Bengal mixed breed cat
Sushi - 1 year old female silver domestic shorthaired cat
Mr. Peabody (Pea, affectionately) - 3 month old pitiful (and adorable) excuse of a male orange domestic shorthaired cat

Luckily we have a large enough house for the 6 of us (we have 4 kids) and the 6 of them (the pets).

mobilediesel
February 1st, 2009, 09:36 AM
Rats:
Yogie, ~2 years
Killer, ~2 years
Pooh, ~2.5 years
Tushka, ~2.5 years
Kiera, ~1 year
Chloe, ~1 year
Honey, ~3 years
Helo, ~3 years
Rusty, ~1 year
Early, ~1 year
Ianto, ~1 year
Owen, ~1 year

Rabbits:
Wilbur, ~3 years
Oliver, ~6 years

skitzware
February 1st, 2009, 11:12 AM
1 Dog : Alfie : Staffordshire Bull Terrier
4 Children : Chantelle, Tarnya, Elishia, Jordan : All girls so I never get to use the bloody bathroom..

Namtabmai
February 1st, 2009, 11:21 AM
I have no pets, but there is a 4 year old ginger tabby called Pixel who chooses to stay with me as long as I follow these three simple rules of his.

1) Feed him on demand.
2) Stroke him on demand.
3) Let him scratch the carpet when he chooses.

Rule 3 is currently under going serious renegotiations.

Naiki Muliaina
February 1st, 2009, 11:56 AM
2 Doggys, an old Retriever called Hamish, and a Jack Russel cross Shi Tzu called Lily.

1 Ferret called Sticky Paws (hes accused of being a thieving bugger, so being a london lad i just proclaim hes not a thief, stuff just sticks to his paws)

4 Lizards, 2 Leopard Geckos called Bramble and Thorn, and 2 Chinese Dwarf Cave Geckos called Speckle and Stripe.

My partner has 7 Ponys, god knows how many stray cats, and about 60 pet Sheep. Ruddy scottish country women.... ^^

Heres Sticky and Lily ^^

http://farm3.static.flickr.com/2288/2134650899_179d902e60.jpg

http://farm3.static.flickr.com/2194/2120615749_6dae1a5f5f.jpg

t0p
February 1st, 2009, 12:34 PM
DD: a bitch. A great big bitch. She growls at me when I'm watching TV - in fact whenever I'm doing anything other than looking at her. Flaming bitch.

Oh yes, and she's 3 years old. Flaming old bitch of a whippersnapper bitch-pup that she is...

billgoldberg
February 1st, 2009, 01:13 PM
I have a cat called "Mientje".

She's about 6 months old now.

She's cute and stuff, until she gets hungry.

Mason Whitaker
February 1st, 2009, 02:22 PM
Dogs
A male English Springer Spaniel named "Brownie"
A male Golden Retriever named "Cypress"
Cats
A male, black-cat-with-white-feet-and-white-mouth* named "Shakespeare"

*I don't know the name of its type of cat D:

Corfy
February 2nd, 2009, 04:59 AM
Unamed - Betta Fish

I have to disagree. I think fish do deserve names. But you need to be able to identify them to name them. Bettas are pretty identifiable, and we had named all of our Bettas (although unfortunately, none of them are with us anymore).

We currently have a tank full of platies. We named the original batch because they all had unique colorings. But their children, and their children's children, and their children's children's children, are kinda of hard to keep separate due to the coloring mixes. I also don't know for sure how many we have because they won't stop moving long enough to count, but there are about 15 in the tank, which is probably too many for the 20 gallon tank they are in, but they seem to be fairly stable.

In the past, we have also had zebra danios, pearl danios, cory catfish, guppies, and a dwarf gourami. We need to clean and refresh our biggest tank (29 gallons). We haven't decided what we are going to put into it, yet.

-grubby
February 2nd, 2009, 06:09 AM
Dachshunds :

Jade, 9
Cheeko, 3
Princess, ~1.5
Shilow, ~1.5

Sorivenul
February 2nd, 2009, 06:17 AM
All of our pets are rescues.

Diana, our roughly 3-year-old cat, was a rescue from Hurricane Katrina, purchased from a shelter by a friend, and given to my wife as a Christmas gift. She suffered from colitis which went away with time and veterinary visits. She also only has half a tail, which is broken at a right angle. Female orange tabby/Himalayan mix.

Caesar, another cat, is probably just over two years old. We purchased him from a shelter on the other side of the state while visiting my in-laws two years ago. He has one front leg and both back legs and runs like a ferret. He yowls to announce his presence whenever he enters a room, even if nobody is there. Male Maine coon.

Althea, our third and final cat, was rescued be me from underneath a mobile home we lived in previously. We assume some neighborhood children put her there, as she had a dog harness on, or rather halfway off. The harness had rubbed her raw across the chest and under her right arm. Her feet and ears were frostbitten as she was discovered mid-winter. The hair has yet to grow back from any of her wounds, and we doubt it will. We believe her to be about 5 years old. Female Russian Blue.