PDA

View Full Version : [ubuntu] Login window problem

sylvainrb
February 1st, 2009, 04:43 AM
I have been playing around with customizing my login window with various GDM themes... Some of them I have changed the code and design and they worked fine but suddenly I don't have the option to turn off/reboot/suspend my computer at the login screen (only change sessions and languages are still there).

I changed back to the default login windows but the problem is still there. I only changed the .xml and graphic files from the downloaded GDM themes and didn't change any other options.

Any thoughts of where the problem could be from? And how could I fix it to get these options back?

Thanks!

-kg-
February 1st, 2009, 05:18 AM
Try this: Click "System/Administration/Login Window." Click on the "Local" tab. At the bottom of the window, make sure "Show Actions Menu" is checked. My sub item (Include Hostname Chooser) is checked, as well.

sylvainrb
February 1st, 2009, 05:28 AM
Haha I guess that was it... Thank you! I don't remember checking it off though. Do you think it could have been checked off by modifying the GDM themes? (I don't...)

-kg-
February 2nd, 2009, 04:56 AM
Haha I guess that was it... Thank you! I don't remember checking it off though. Do you think it could have been checked off by modifying the GDM themes? (I don't...)

Possibly. I don't really know what I did to effect that change myself. I just remember that it happened to me quite a while back, and that was the solution suggested to me that worked.