PDA

View Full Version : Anybody seen this?

dragos240
February 1st, 2009, 03:22 AM
I was google video searching cat stuff and i found out a video of this, it's very interesting, there are actually 5 total, watch them, it seems like a reference to when African Americans weren't accepted into society, this was evidently made in korea, i don't know if it was north or south but it's really cool:
It's called "there she is" (http://www.sambakza.net/amalloc/tteotta_main.htm). I don't know if there was anything equal to what happened less the 100 years here in korea, but it's still pretty interesting, sorry for repeating myself.

init1
February 1st, 2009, 04:21 AM
I was google video searching cat stuff and i found out a video of this, it's very interesting, there are actually 5 total, watch them, it seems like a reference to when African Americans weren't accepted into society, this was evidently made in korea, i don't know if it was north or south but it's really cool:
It's called "there she is" (http://www.sambakza.net/amalloc/tteotta_main.htm). I don't know if there was anything equal to what happened less the 100 years here in korea, but it's still pretty interesting, sorry for repeating myself.
Yeah, I saw that one a while back, in addition to 1 other in the series. Didn't know there were others.

ajcham
February 1st, 2009, 04:30 AM
Thanks for that Dragos, I really enjoyed the videos.

Without getting too involved in a political discussion (given forum policy) I think the intermarriage issues raised in the cartoon are far more international and current than you imply.

Oh, and the site is South Korean (http://www.sambakza.net/faq/faq_eng_top.htm#01_04).

Yeah, I saw that one a while back, in addition to 1 other in the series. Didn't know there were others.

According to Wikipedia, the first two episodes have been around for a few years, but Steps 3-5 were only released over the course of 2008 - the final part as recently as 9 December.

NintendoTogepi
February 1st, 2009, 06:56 AM
Interesting.

CraigPaleo
February 1st, 2009, 08:00 AM
I've just watched the first two English versions. I don't know if the whole of them are in English but I do believe I could hear the N word in the first, and "mulato," the days of the week, and "birthday" in the second.

Are the gray and white cats and bunnies to represent people? Unlike the previous two, I don't get it.

dragos240
February 1st, 2009, 03:59 PM
I've just watched the first two English versions. I don't know if the whole of them are in English but I do believe I could hear the N word in the first, and "mulato," the days of the week, and "birthday" in the second.

Are the gray and white cats and bunnies to represent people? Unlike the previous two, I don't get it.

All the songs are in korean, so it probably means something else, and i notice that a lot of asian bands and songs use english words in their song, it's actually pretty common, like in the neon genisis into they use the word "door", and in the current naruto shippuuden into they clearly say "lets go" and "and i'll never take it for granted" also in the first naruto shippuuden intro, they say "make some noise". So it's not very uncommon.