PDA

View Full Version : Thank You Ubuntu

tiamet
February 1st, 2009, 02:01 AM
To All Ubuntu staff:

On my and my husbands behalf I would like to thank whomever sent the Ubuntu Tee shirts and decals.
My husband, who has been battling cancer for the last year and is still fighting, has inherited a WISP that is Ubuntu based. Despite chemotherapy and it's side effects, he has been trying very hard to learn Ubuntu as quickly as possible.
While it may seem trivial to some, the Tee shirts were a definite emotional boost for him.
So, to those who sent them, many sincere thanks for providing a bright spot in my husbands day!
Our very best to you all.

Sincerely,
Dave House
Jennifer House

hansdown
February 1st, 2009, 02:06 AM
Wow, that is wonderful tiamet.

Best regards for you and your husband.

Lunx
February 1st, 2009, 02:35 AM
Gee, what a poignant and touching post. As a newcomer to the Ubuntu Community, I find the spirit of this forum quite inspirational in the respect, care, help and empathy that so many people have.

My thoughts are with your husband and yourself, and I trust Ubuntu can bring him much enjoyment, along with many distractions from the unpleasant things.

Sealbhach
February 1st, 2009, 03:45 AM
I'm so glad he's finding that learning Ubuntu is helping him to keep up his spirits. I hope he gets better soon - I wish you both all the best.

dragos240
February 1st, 2009, 03:47 AM
Yep, ubuntu will cure cancer. He'll make it ;)

medic2000
February 1st, 2009, 10:31 AM
Wow its very good that Ubuntu supports him. Ubuntu supported me too about many matters. I hope he will heal very soon. God be with you.

overlord.gaurav
February 1st, 2009, 10:51 AM
What a touching post! Best regards to you and your husband!

Montblanc_Kupo
February 1st, 2009, 10:54 AM
That's wonderful. Best wishes.

PuddingKnife
February 1st, 2009, 10:01 PM
Im pulling for ya Dave and Jenn!

My mother just beat breast cancer and my grandfather is currently undergoing chemo.

Im so glad to hear that your husband is battling cancer with Ubuntu on his side now :)
Sometimes the little things like this can really turn someones day around. Your post sure did.

I must say that as a newcomer here it is really inspiring my confidence in the goodness of the Ubuntu/Linux community.

Best wishes to the both of you