PDA

View Full Version : How/Has the economy effected you?

TheUnderTaker
January 31st, 2009, 10:29 PM
Hi
Has the economy effected any of you guys? Its affected me since i cant a job easily and i might have to wait too spring 2010 for college unless i get a loan somehow which is not very easy in my current situation.

Swagman
January 31st, 2009, 10:32 PM
Yeah.. We've cut back to just six fast food nights a week.

Real drag aint it !!

smartboyathome
January 31st, 2009, 10:32 PM
It should be "affected", not "effected". ;)

Also, it affected my family by making work hard to come by, though recently my dad won the remodler of the year award through the local BIA, and work has picked up. :)

hanzomon4
January 31st, 2009, 10:48 PM
Can't find a job

Dixon Bainbridge
January 31st, 2009, 10:49 PM
No impact at all. Was broke before the econonic downturn, and am still broke.

Montblanc_Kupo
January 31st, 2009, 10:53 PM
Clients are drying up quick or completely gone. Does make it really hard to work when no one is payin for it.

But soon china will own the u.s. and their economy seems to be doing okay... so maybe they will bring us some jobs lol.

Sunflower1970
February 1st, 2009, 12:54 AM
Husband's boss decided to close up shop at the end of the year because his business is being slowly eaten up by large corporations. So, at least we have a year left of his paycheck. My company is doing the first round of "early retirement." (the first step usually before layoffs) Probably will be layoffs later in the year (I'm fully expecting my job to be gone then...)

Took a look at one of hubby's retirement 401Ks and he lost a third of it last year. Very scary.

We're downsizing everything in our apartment so when our lease is up we can move into a smaller place. We were going to buy a home, but now with our jobs no longer secure, we're not comfortable with the prospect of a mortgage (even if the home market is better now)

Luckily, our credit cards and car payment will be all paid in about 6 months or so. (I had to put something good in this post to look forward to :) )

steeleyuk
February 1st, 2009, 01:03 AM
Spending more money now than I was before...

SunnyRabbiera
February 1st, 2009, 01:11 AM
I actually have been doing well, but thats because I make smart decisions when buying.... I NEVER go top dollar, I buy things on sale, I make sure I have at least $10 at the end of the week.
I might be fine for some time to come too, I work at places that are doing fairly well so I am not losing my job anytime soon.

bruce89
February 1st, 2009, 01:43 AM
I'll get a quarter of the interest I got last year.

binbash
February 1st, 2009, 01:45 AM
same as last year, even better maybe.