PDA

View Full Version : Open Source Cancer...

kevin11951
January 31st, 2009, 10:07 PM
Microsoft vs. Linux

Eukaryotic Animal Cell - Microsoft - Spends most of its time just doing daily tasks, and only 5% (or so) of its life reproducing.

Cancer Cell - Linux - Not stop reproduction.

keep is mind this is just for fun, im not actually calling linux a cancer, just pointing out something steve ballmer said a while ago: http://www.theregister.co.uk/2001/06/02/ballmer_linux_is_a_cancer/

Fenris_rising
January 31st, 2009, 11:01 PM
The more I hear now, 6 months after changing to Linux, the more I get irritated by the, I believe the word is 'FUD'? Delivered from the lips of Microsoft representatives. I do try and keep an objective view of written materials and hear say but there does seem to be a consistency to the actual business methods and the perceived goings on. I love Linux and I hope it continues on it's pedestrian climb to mainstream acceptance. Perhaps it is the long and persistent presence of Linux that gives Ms something to worry about. Not to mention the vast number of people who have/had a hand in it's developement and the fact that it lacks the holes and weaknesses that most Ms products have. Also on their minds is the fact they can't stop it, control it or generally do anything to it. HA! have at you Microdirge!!!

regards

Fenris

Bachstelze
January 31st, 2009, 11:03 PM
Thread closed. It serves absolutely no purpose and is very likely to cause flamebait (maybe that was the purpose?).