PDA

View Full Version : [ubuntu] LiveUSB doesnot work

Madefh
January 31st, 2009, 04:36 AM
Hi

I haven't CDRom driver, then I tryed to install the ubuntu with a liveusb.

I make It In Windows with Unetbootin, that don't fail and don't gave me errors. But, I put the sticky in the computer, set it to boot and the language selection don't appears to me. (I like to change to PT_BR to boot). That's boot at english.

BUT, After the load starts, the loading bar only moves side to side. If I press Ctrl+Alt+F1, appears "booting kernel... booting vmlinz... Loading, please wait..." and don't go over that.

Anyone can help me?

My hardware: Intel Q6600, ASUS P5KPL, HDD Samsung SATA II.

Thanks.

dstew
January 31st, 2009, 05:34 PM
It is possible the kernel is corrupted. Does the stick boot properly in other computers? Is there an option to check the image for errors (menu item at opening)?

Madefh
January 31st, 2009, 09:57 PM
I haven't another computer to try that.

Is strange, 'cause I installed the Fedora 10 from that (using Unetbootin) without any problems.

The first "menu", before the start of the Ubuntu doesn't are displayed, that goes directy to the Loading, please wait...

EDIT: It's True. I can install ubuntu FROM Fedora 10? How?

Thanks.

dstew
February 1st, 2009, 01:28 AM
I can install ubuntu FROM Fedora 10? How?I think you can use the same Unetbootin program, but instead of putting it on a stick you can install to a partition. I have not done this, but it seems that the Unetbootin site says you can. You can even do it from Windows. But, you need to have a network connection I think. Or, if you put the .iso on the hard drive in a dummy partition, maybe that can work.