PDA

View Full Version : Original Outer Limits vs Original Twilight Zone

Rytron
January 30th, 2009, 08:01 PM
Which did you prefer?

Montblanc_Kupo
January 30th, 2009, 08:03 PM
Both good... but Rod Serling was the man. Plus... bonus points for having one of the most reconizable theme songs ever. ;)

BTW, great av rytron. hehe I wonder if you can run linux on a C64...

NewJack
January 30th, 2009, 08:17 PM
Gotta go Twilight Zone. Like Montblanc stated, Rod Serling was the man.

Some of my favorite Eps:

Nightmare at 20K Feet
To Serve Man
Time Enough at Last
A Passage for Trumpet
The Eye of the Beholder
A Game of Pool
Midnight Sun
The Dummy
The Silence

sanderella
January 30th, 2009, 09:18 PM
:pThey were both really naff.

blueshiftoverwatch
January 31st, 2009, 02:09 AM
Twilight Zone.

Did anyone else watch the Sci-Fi Channel's Twilight Zone New Year's day marathon?

Probe 7 Over and Out (http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Probe_7,_Over_and_Out) and Third From the Sun (http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Third_from_the_Sun) were really good episodes.

jrusso2
January 31st, 2009, 02:18 AM
Where else can you find all these famous actors before they were famous? The original twilight zone. Off hand I recall Robert Redford and of course the famous one with the creature on the plane wing starred future Enterprise Captain William Shatner.

Giant Speck
January 31st, 2009, 02:30 AM
There is no option for both. :(

Montblanc_Kupo
January 31st, 2009, 03:09 AM
I actually liked the later Twilight Zone show in the late 80s / early 90s.

In that vein we also have classics like X-files (weird episodes are better than alien conspiracy TYVM)... and Eerie Indiana. :D

NewJack
January 31st, 2009, 05:19 AM
Where else can you find all these famous actors before they were famous? The original twilight zone. Off hand I recall Robert Redford and of course the famous one with the creature on the plane wing starred future Enterprise Captain William Shatner.

Jack Klugman, Cliff Robertson, Burgess Meredith, Billy Mumy, Claude Akins, Martin Landau, Lee Marvin, Warren Oates to name a few. I'm sure I missed a bunch.

jrusso2
January 31st, 2009, 05:34 AM
Jack Klugman, Cliff Robertson, Burgess Meredith, Billy Mumy, Claude Akins, Martin Landau, Lee Marvin, Warren Oates to name a few. I'm sure I missed a bunch.

Oh I remember that one with Billy Mumy he was a really creepy kid who got his wishes even if they were evil. And everyone was scared of him and trying to not make him angry.

Montblanc_Kupo
January 31st, 2009, 05:39 AM
It's real good that Anthony done that... isn't it real real good? It's good that you done that Anthony... real.... real.. good...

That was one that they remade for the movie as well as terror at 20,000 feet.

mamamia88
January 31st, 2009, 05:53 AM
neither fringe ftw

Rytron
January 31st, 2009, 04:02 PM
My top Original Twilight Zone episodes in alphabetical order:
A Stop At Willoughby
A World Of His Own
Five Characters in Search of an Exit
Kick the Can
Nick of Time
Nightmare at 20000 Feet
Night of the Meek
The Passersby
Time Enough at Last
Walking Distance

Rytron
January 31st, 2009, 04:03 PM
Rod Serling (en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Rod_Serling) had the perfect voice for introducing the Twilight Zone. Pity he died so young.

billgoldberg
January 31st, 2009, 05:13 PM
--

billgoldberg
January 31st, 2009, 05:13 PM
Just the intro's of Serling make the Twilight Zone better then the Outer Limits.

But the stories were better too.

I own all the Twilight Zone episodes and season 2 of The Outer Limits.

I rewatch Twilight Zone eps on a regular basis, the Outer Limits much less.

billgoldberg
January 31st, 2009, 05:20 PM
My top Original Twilight Zone episodes in alphabetical order:
A Stop At Willoughby
A World Of His Own
Five Characters in Search of an Exit
Kick the Can
Nick of Time
Nightmare at 20000 Feet
Night of the Meek
The Passersby
Time Enough at Last
Walking Distance

Might as well share my top 5, in no particular order.

Time Enough At Last
A bank teller, Henry Bemis, longs for time alone to read books. He gets his wish...

Third From The Sun
With all-out nuclear war about to ignite, a scientist and his pilot friend plot to escape on an experimental spaceship.

The Monsters Are Due On Maple Street
Paranoia strikes the residents of Maple Street when they believe human-looking aliens have invaded the neighborhood.

People Are Alike All Over
When a space exploration crashes on Mars, the surviving passenger is surprised to find that Martians are human-looking, very friendly and apparently just like us...

Will The Real Martian Please Stand Up
Troopers follow the tracks from a frozen pond, into a diner. Inside they find a soda jerk, a bus driver and his seven passengers. The bus driver is certain only six people boarded his bus…

--

The best Outer Limits episode was:

Demon With A Glass Hand
A man with a glass hand attempts to unravel the mystery of who he is.

Rytron
January 31st, 2009, 06:22 PM
Might as well share my top 5, in no particular order.

Time Enough At Last
A bank teller, Henry Bemis, longs for time alone to read books. He gets his wish...

Third From The Sun
With all-out nuclear war about to ignite, a scientist and his pilot friend plot to escape on an experimental spaceship.

The Monsters Are Due On Maple Street
Paranoia strikes the residents of Maple Street when they believe human-looking aliens have invaded the neighborhood.

People Are Alike All Over
When a space exploration crashes on Mars, the surviving passenger is surprised to find that Martians are human-looking, very friendly and apparently just like us...

Will The Real Martian Please Stand Up
Troopers follow the tracks from a frozen pond, into a diner. Inside they find a soda jerk, a bus driver and his seven passengers. The bus driver is certain only six people boarded his bus…

--

The best Outer Limits episode was:

Demon With A Glass Hand
A man with a glass hand attempts to unravel the mystery of who he is.

I'd also say Demon With A Glass Hand was by far the best Original Outer Limits episode.