PDA

View Full Version : Liquid Cooled Case

spdl
December 18th, 2005, 06:07 PM
http://www.kissmyfloppy.com/j330jf3/img3fadfac87c8e1.jpg

LOL That's pretty impressive if that actually works.

But seriously, does any have a liquid cooled case system? How much more performance do you get out of one?

M3ta7h3ad
December 18th, 2005, 06:18 PM
picture doesnt work here, but if your just talking about watercooling then quite a lot of people actually go the watercooling route, its relatively cheap now. Have a ganders at "phase change cooling" if you want expensive and major performance at the cost of complexity :)

prizrak
December 18th, 2005, 06:37 PM
Well any "budge" liquid cooling is completely useless (aside from low noise) generally regular fans will give you at the very least as much cooling as liquid if not better. The real expensive liquid cooling systems have very high performance but they are expensive and complex most of the time. I like Koolance cases when it comes to watercooling, they come with the system and look pretty cool. My only gripe about liquid cooling is the fact that you only get to cool your Video and CPU, very few systems let you cool your chipset (even my AXP2100+ has a fan on it that came with the mobo) you NEVER get to cool memory and the HDDs so you still need to put the heatsinks on your RAM and fans in front of your drives. IMO liquid cooling is useless unless you OC the CPU/GPU like a mofo.

spdl
December 18th, 2005, 06:43 PM
Thanks for the opinions and advice.