PDA

View Full Version : The ParcelForce Linux discrimination ACTION thread!

Pipps
January 29th, 2009, 01:19 PM
The ParcelForce Linux discrimination ACTION thread!

Further to the open discuss regarding this issue, I propose that we all put our heads together and do something about it.

http://ubuntuforums.org/showthread.php?t=1044573

May I suggest that the first task for our attention on this thread, is to post the names of every mainstream and computer news outlet and syndication service which we should contact with news of our grievance.

Once a suitably enormous list of organisations has been compiled, we shall then be able to organise an appropriate letter, and a friendly newsworthy mailshot!

Let the action commence!

t0p
January 29th, 2009, 01:32 PM
Why don't we prank call ParcelForce? And get unwanted pizzas delivered to their offices? With anchovies! Yeah, that'll show 'em!

Redache
January 29th, 2009, 02:38 PM
It's doubtful they'll do anything to be honest. Just use a company that don't put restrictions on who/what can use their websites. I've always found Parcel Force to be absolutely useless with their delivery anyway.

Icehuck
January 29th, 2009, 03:15 PM
Did you really have to start a new thread on this? You already have one going about the same company. Sorry I'm not trying to be a jerk.

BigSilly
January 29th, 2009, 03:17 PM
The best action for me is no action. Just use somebody else. It's not like there isn't competition out there for your business.

What on Earth your choice of operating system has to do with using their website I don't know. I use all sorts of shopping sites and delivery agents via the net regularly, and not one of them has to told me I have to use a specific OS if I want to spend my money with them. It's absurd. There's no technical reason.

What business can afford to discriminate against it's customers in this way, in these troubled financial times? Still, they obviously can, so go elsewhere.

Daveski
January 31st, 2009, 01:33 AM
What business can afford to discriminate against it's customers in this way, in these troubled financial times? Still, they obviously can, so go elsewhere.

I agree. Although it might be good if they received more queries from anyone who accesses the web with something other than Windows (what about PS3, Blackberry, iPhone ...)

This issue is also mentioned here: http://www.yougamers.com/forum/showthread.php?p=1062533