PDA

View Full Version : [ubuntu] ubuntu 8.04 live cd won't boot, busybox help

yolsl
January 29th, 2009, 11:41 AM
Please disregard my mess of a title.

I'm trying to install Ubuntu 8.04 (64 bit) on a desktop computer that currently has no operating systems installed. AMD 2.4GHz cpu and 2GB ddr2 ram, right, there's nothing wrong with the computer as it's handled Ubuntu before.

But when I installed it before, it had Windows XP installed, so I used the wubi and it was no problem at all. My hard drive was formatted earlier this week so I burned a live CD on another computer but when I try to either use the installation, or "try Ubuntu without changing my computer" option, I see the Ubuntu loading screen for a minute until it just goes to a blank screen and I see what claims to be a Debian BusyBox. I'm not sure what this is, it's never really happened to me before, none of the commands it will recognize do any good, I've searched around for other forums but none really combat the same problem. I'd love for someone to help me out, as I type this on a laptop with a 150Mhz processor and windows 95 with a 2mpbs ethernet connection, so naturally I'd much rather be using Ubuntu...