PDA

View Full Version : The joke thread!

christian8807
January 29th, 2009, 09:07 AM
Any good jokes that you've heard lately? Let's hear them!

Here's one I heard the other day. It's just a joke, so don't get offended! If you like George Bush, you should probably skip over this. I'm just posting it because I thought it was funny.

Now that his presidency is over, George Bush leaves the White House to live on a ranch. While looking at the land, he decides that there are too many trees. He then goes to his shed, grabs a saw, and then proceeds to chop the tree down. He realizes how much work it would take to cut the tree down with his current saw, and goes to town to get an upgrade. He goes to the tool shop and buys the most expensive saw in it. He then goes back to the tree, and proceeds to cut more. Well, he realizes that the process is taking pretty much the same amount of time, and goes back to the tool store. He tells the shop keeper that his saw was somehow defective. The shop keeper takes the saw for inspection. He looks over it, and seeing no problems, pulls the chain to start the saw. At the same time that the motor started, Bush said, "What's that sound?!"

sydbat
January 29th, 2009, 08:27 PM
Any good jokes that you've heard lately? Let's hear them!

Here's one I heard the other day. It's just a joke, so don't get offended! If you like George Bush, you should probably skip over this. I'm just posting it because I thought it was funny.

Now that his presidency is over, George Bush leaves the White House to live on a ranch. While looking at the land, he decides that there are too many trees. He then goes to his shed, grabs a saw, and then proceeds to chop the tree down. He realizes how much work it would take to cut the tree down with his current saw, and goes to town to get an upgrade. He goes to the tool shop and buys the most expensive saw in it. He then goes back to the tree, and proceeds to cut more. Well, he realizes that the process is taking pretty much the same amount of time, and goes back to the tool store. He tells the shop keeper that his saw was somehow defective. The shop keeper takes the saw for inspection. He looks over it, and seeing no problems, pulls the chain to start the saw. At the same time that the motor started, Bush said, "What's that sound?!"WOW! Last time I heard that joke (almost 35 years ago) it was a Newf. And no one should be offended by the 'Newf' aspect of my comment...it was someone from Newfoundland that told it to me!