PDA

View Full Version : New Game coming to linux. Would you try this?

Islington
January 28th, 2009, 04:16 PM
http://blog.linuxgamepublishing.com/?p=13

This look pretty awesome to my eyes. linux gaming FTW. :popcorn:

Will you be trying this out?

Mason Whitaker
January 28th, 2009, 04:39 PM
Interesting, but I think I'll stick with Nexuiz unless this REALLY impresses me on release.

wildman4god
January 28th, 2009, 05:22 PM
Looks cool, I am unfamilar with 3rd person rpg shooters, are they anything like Jak II or III (a platform shooter) or is it all turn based? (I need action, I am more of a think while getting shot at kinda guy) :D

I am mainly glad that more and more comercial games are being developed for linux, as well as they are being original rather than just making PC game clones.

FuturePilot
January 28th, 2009, 05:36 PM
Hmmm it takes advantage of PhysX. :D Sounds interesting.

marduk667
January 28th, 2009, 05:39 PM
Interesting Hardware Requirements:

Processor 1 MHz x86 Processor

:D

For me i only play games on my PS2 (oldschool, i know)

kavon89
January 28th, 2009, 05:51 PM
If its free I'd give it a spin, I'd prefer an RTS. (Waiting on SC2)

Changturkey
January 28th, 2009, 05:56 PM
If its free I'd give it a spin, I'd prefer an RTS. (Waiting on SC2)

SC2 and Diablo 3 will be godly.

MaxIBoy
January 28th, 2009, 05:59 PM
It's not a free game.

It looks fun. I haven't liked third-person shooters much, but then again I've never played a TPS that used a mouse, and FPS aren't much fun for me on consoles either.

In any case, it looks fun.

ticopelp
January 28th, 2009, 09:57 PM
As long as it's not network or multiplayer only, I'll give it a shot.

Baby Boy
January 28th, 2009, 10:19 PM
Looks nice, silly requirements...yeah, why not.

CraigPaleo
January 28th, 2009, 10:54 PM
Looks cool, I am unfamilar with 3rd person rpg shooters, are they anything like Jak II or III (a platform shooter) or is it all turn based? (I need action, I am more of a think while getting shot at kinda guy) :D

I am mainly glad that more and more comercial games are being developed for linux, as well as they are being original rather than just making PC game clones.

Not sure what Jak is but yes, third person shooters are usually action-packed. Doom and Quake are TPS.

MaxIBoy
January 28th, 2009, 10:57 PM
Not sure what Jak is but yes, third person shooters are usually action-packed.True. Because you can't see too far, the gameplay is usually in-your-face.
Doom and Quake are TPS.False. Third-person means that you don't actually "become" the main character, you just observe from a birds-eye-view. First-person means that you "become" the main character.

RiceMonster
January 28th, 2009, 11:02 PM
SC2 and Diablo 3 will be godly.

Yes indeed. I'm not even a gamer really, and I can't wait for Diablo III. The diablo series is one of the few that got me hooked. I get bored of most games quickly.

CraigPaleo
January 28th, 2009, 11:09 PM
True. Because you can't see too far, the gameplay is usually in-your-face. False. Third-person means that you don't actually "become" the main character, you just observe from a birds-eye-view. First-person means that you "become" the main character.

Oops! That makes sense. The cat's out of the bag. I'm not a gamer. :(