PDA

View Full Version : how can i use javafx in ubuntu 8.10 ?

megazayed
January 28th, 2009, 01:42 PM
hello every body
i want to learn javafx and i am using ubuntu 8.10
i have netbeans 6.5 in my operating system and i heard about library that i have to install in my netbeans but there are not any library for ubuntu or linux.

is this information true?
if it is true how can i develop javafx applications in ubuntu ?

Kilon
January 28th, 2009, 02:27 PM
hello every body
i have netbeans 6.5 in my operating system and i heard about library that i have to install in my netbeans but there are not any library for ubuntu or linux.

I have read about JAVAFX it is suppose to be the rival to Actionscript , a way for JAVA to gain the lost ground that FLASH has. The problem is that I hear alot of JAVAFX instabilities.

I do not think JAVAFX is a product ready to be used.

Why you want to use JAVAFX ?

Eclipse can work with JAVAFX.

http://www.mrbool.com/articles/viewcomp.asp?comp=5549

jespdj
January 28th, 2009, 04:28 PM
JavaFX is not yet officially supported on Linux. Sun has promised that they will support Linux in the future.

There are some people who managed to get JavaFX 1.0 working on Linux; search for "JavaFX Linux" with Google and you'll find some info. For example: http://java.dzone.com/news/javafx-10-linux-netbeans-ide

I have read about JAVAFX it is suppose to be the rival to Actionscript , a way for JAVA to gain the lost ground that FLASH has. The problem is that I hear alot of JAVAFX instabilities.
JavaFX is supposed to be a competitor for Flash, just like Microsoft's Silverlight (and the open source implementation of Silverlight called Moonlight, that runs on Mono, the open source implementation of .NET). Whether JavaFX or Silverlight / Moonlight will ever be serious competition for Flash remains to be seen, but JavaFX does look promising from a Java programmer's perspective. It could make programming nice-looking GUIs in Java a lot easier than it is now with Swing.

JavaFX 1.0 probably isn't fully ready for production-quality code (despite the 1.0 version number), but it is an interesting new technology to have a closer look at.

directhex
January 28th, 2009, 05:45 PM
hello every body

JavaFX is closed-source software only for Windows & Mac.

megazayed
January 28th, 2009, 07:38 PM
thanks all for these information