PDA

View Full Version : [ubuntu] Playing WoW with wine and sound stops

Rrasyrogenees
January 28th, 2009, 05:51 AM
i having been playing World of Warcraft and lately the sound will stop playing and i cannot figure out what is happening but when i restart ubuntu it is back again. it has happened several times and i know that by restarting i can get it back so i am not worrying about it but it is annoying in the meantime. is anyone else having this problem so that it can be explained to me as to what i need to do to keep the sopound from stopping? if not then i it will just be another annoyance in life for me... is God testing me again? lol

doyouhas
January 28th, 2009, 05:53 AM
First of all, you shouldn't be using Linux to play WoW. If I'm not mistaken, it says right on the box under the list of requirements to have Windows installed...not Wine or some other virtualized substitute. Secondly, well there is no secondly. That's your problem. Games are not made to run under Wine.

redsoxreed
January 28th, 2009, 05:58 AM
Don't listen to people who just shoot you down in these forums. Try running winecfg and experimenting with different sound drivers and settings.

Rrasyrogenees
January 28th, 2009, 07:56 AM
hey doyouhas... wine does a lot of things but if you are so insistant on people not using wine then i say... "go whine somewhere else, this is a learning thing not an opinion thing"

thank you redsoxreed... i do try to do things like that then i screw it up somehow and then i'm back here again... but i will try that and see what i can get... i have an x-fi soundcard and had enough trouble with that to start with but i will weather this out as well.

if anyone else has some thoughts for me to look at i would appreciate it.

oh and it does have sound at the beginning of playin WoW but sometime after that it stops. i use to be able to have sound all the way through before... maybe it is an addon that i added that is doing it... ? maybe i should check that too.... doh

Z0014ND3l2
May 19th, 2009, 09:24 PM
I know this is a few months old now, but I just recently fixed this problem myself. After hours of googling and trying everything mentioned; I finally got WoW working perfectly on my Comp.
Go to this link: http://forums.worldofwarcraft.com/thread.html?topicId=16137229830&sid=1
And yes, that is my post. Hope this works for you as well.