PDA

View Full Version : [ubuntu] Custom Installs

calelettus
January 28th, 2009, 03:29 AM
"Novell just released the first alpha of SUSE Studio (screencast), which provides an easy way to customize your own Linux distribution with the software and configuration you want. Among other things, you can spin a Live CD, a USB image, or create a VMware image. It builds upon the already established openSUSE Build Service and KIWI imaging system."

My question: Is there something similar for Ubuntu? I want to create a custom install disk. Thanks!

spcwingo
January 28th, 2009, 04:45 AM
There is: remastersys. Check out their site:

http://www.remastersys.klikit-linux.com/

I don't think it supports creating USB or VMware images, but boy does it work for live/install CDs. The only bad part is I can't get it to work with a cli build for anything, but if you use it for a modified standard install, you should be golden. :D

perspectoff
May 25th, 2010, 09:12 PM
"Novell just released the first alpha of SUSE Studio (screencast), which provides an easy way to customize your own Linux distribution with the software and configuration you want. Among other things, you can spin a Live CD, a USB image, or create a VMware image. It builds upon the already established openSUSE Build Service and KIWI imaging system."

My question: Is there something similar for Ubuntu? I want to create a custom install disk. Thanks!

Install is a verb; the noun is installation.