PDA

View Full Version : [kubuntu] Lost the main panel

mahela007
January 27th, 2009, 02:03 PM
I'm new to linux and even more new to KUBUNTU. The first time I installed it and fired it up I was fascinated by the panel at the bottom of the desktop. What did I do? I messed around with it and somehow decreased the size of the bar to nothing. So .. no more panel to launch apps or for that matter do anything..
I managed to get a new panel and add the widgets but what about the old panel.. it is still there hidden somewhere or is it gone? I want it to be gone cos I want o keep my kubuntu neat and tidy..

gettinoriginal
January 27th, 2009, 05:44 PM
Sounds to me like the old panel was set to "auto hide" which makes it disappear below the screen edge until you put your cursor down to the bottom makes it pop up. Try moving your new panel to the top, then try bringing up your old panel by dragging your cursor to the bottom.

mahela007
January 28th, 2009, 03:42 AM
NO.. I'm positive its not autohide. I set the allignment to center and then moved the pointer at the middle first to the right side and then to the left side of the screen. Then my panel dissapeared

gettinoriginal
January 28th, 2009, 02:23 PM
Check the very right and left bottom corners of your screen (after moving new panel out of way), are there little boxes that don't belong there ?? click one, and the panel may be hidden to the side.