PDA

View Full Version : [ubuntu] connecting dependencies

phanipalagummi
January 27th, 2009, 01:39 PM
I have a splashy_0.3.10-1_i386.deb file on my desktop which when i installed i got a dependency problem saying
Error: Dependency is not satisfiable: libdirectfb-1.0-0

i tried doing even this sudo apt-get install libdirectfb-1.0-0 but i find no use

how do i connect this dependency

nothingspecial
January 27th, 2009, 01:50 PM
I have a splashy_0.3.10-1_i386.deb file on my desktop which when i installed i got a dependency problem saying
Error: Dependency is not satisfiable: libdirectfb-1.0-0

i tried doing even this sudo apt-get install libdirectfb-1.0-0 but i find no use

how do i connect this dependency

I`ve got the package -

apt-cache search libdirectfb
libdirectfb-1.0-0 - direct frame buffer graphics - shared libraries

Have you got all the repositories enabled in System > Administration > Software Sources?

nothingspecial
January 27th, 2009, 01:52 PM
Speaking of which, I have splashy available also.

sudo apt-get install splashy

phanipalagummi
January 27th, 2009, 02:02 PM
actually my basic doubt is how should we connect the dependencies of the softwares that were on my desktop.

I tried what you said but still i have problem

nothingspecial
January 27th, 2009, 02:07 PM
If you install using using apt-get, add/remove or synaptic all dependencies will be installed also.

Dependencies get put in a certain place. All apps that require those dependencies should know where to look for them.

phanipalagummi
January 27th, 2009, 02:39 PM
Well you said that dependencies will be installed pre in add/remove,synaptic etc..but what if i take some software from my friend (pen-drive)including there dependencies and wish to install in my system,how do i connect the dependencies among them,

actually if i type

sudo apt-get update

people say dependencies will connect among the softwares in the repositary,
but how do i connect the dependency among the softwares on my desktop

oldos2er
January 27th, 2009, 06:27 PM
If you're not using the repositories, you'll need to download and install all the dependencies yourself.

wolfen69
January 27th, 2009, 06:39 PM
Here you go. libdirectfb-1.0-0 (http://packages.ubuntu.com/intrepid/libdirectfb-1.0-0)

i'm assuming you're using intrepid. if not, just make the adjustment in the URL. download and click to install.