PDA

View Full Version : [ubuntu] Looking for good 'to-do list' app

musther
January 27th, 2009, 10:41 AM
I'm looking for a good, lightweight, but reasonably feature rich 'to-do list' type app.

There seem to be a couple around for the desktop (like gto-do) but they are generally old, haven't been updated in a while.

Basically what I need is something which takes tasks, with due dates, and presents them simply and concisely. Something like reminderfox, but for the desktop rather than a browser plugin.

I quite like tasque - but I have a problem with it. The date format used in Tasque doesn't seem to honour my locale (I'm in New Zealand), and display the date dd/mm, but rather displays the date in the US format mm/dd. As you can imagine, this is a fatal flaw as far as I am concerned - it's simply too confusing to read 04/05, and have to try to read it (reads fourth of May to me - in the US, it reads fifth of April). If anybody has a solution to this, I'd be very grateful.

Anybody got any suggestions. What do you use?

Cheers

rod40cool
January 27th, 2009, 01:59 PM
Have you tried using the Tasks section in Evolution.
It's got Start Date, Due Date, Status, Percent Complete.
It integrates into the Clock panel so when you click on the time in your panel the calendar displays and there is a section for Tasks.

ellgor
January 27th, 2009, 08:19 PM
Hi,

Take a look at Kontact+Kmail,has everything you need.

Regards, Ellgor.

Charles4809
January 27th, 2009, 08:28 PM
Thunderbird has a plug-in that might be right for you.

it's called: lightning and can be found at the mozilla add-on site (https://addons.mozilla.org/nl/thunderbird/addons/versions/2313)

spupy
January 27th, 2009, 11:19 PM
gtodo, gtodo2, tasks (http://www.pimlico-project.org/ -> tasks), odot, taskcoach.

forestlake
May 30th, 2009, 06:00 AM
i would recommend TaskCoach as you can also store the file on your usb key, then download TaskCoach Portable so when you are sitting in front of a windows machine you just plug the key in and you have your task coach running in a windows environment!

Tibuda
May 30th, 2009, 01:33 PM
I use Tasque. It can use Remember The Milk as backend.