PDA

View Full Version : devede alternatives?

swoll1980
January 27th, 2009, 07:53 AM
Are there other programs like Devede for Linix that wouldn't require the instalation of mplayer? Maybe one for KDE? Also, what would you call the type of program that devede is? For example, if firefox is a web browser, and Totem is a media player, What would Devede be called? If I knew what to call the type of program it is I could do a search on google. Any help would be appreciated. Thank you!

eragon100
January 27th, 2009, 08:22 AM
what it's called? How about "DVD Creator" ?

swoll1980
January 27th, 2009, 08:33 AM
what it's called? How about "DVD Creator" ?

Maybe? Are we sure about this, or is this a educated guess?

eragon100
January 27th, 2009, 08:35 AM
An other program, for KDE, is qdvdauthor :wink:

If you want more, just search synaptic for "create dvd" and "make dvd" (the package description offcourse, not just the names!") and you will find a couple of others there.

swoll1980
January 27th, 2009, 08:41 AM
An other program, for KDE, is qdvdauthor :wink:

If you want more, just search synaptic for "create dvd" and "make dvd" (the package description offcourse, not just the names!") and you will find a couple of others there.

Thanks a lot if there was a ty button I would click right now :)

bash
January 27th, 2009, 10:43 AM
You could also try ManDVD. Always found that to be a great piece of software. Even on a GNOME desktop.

ivikas
January 27th, 2009, 11:03 AM
Are you talking about WinDVD port to Linux?Your question is confusing.If you are looking for port of Windvdd,yes there is port and it is called lindvd.If installing on ubuntu...u have to install alien,rpm,and then download the rpm format and convert to debian and install it