PDA

View Full Version : Amarok 2.0.1.1 with Bespin Hacks, nice video :-)

LuisAugusto
January 27th, 2009, 07:27 AM
I made a video showing many Amarok features and some things added by bespin (among them, a much better look), hope you like it:

Remember to watch it in HD:

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=fz077hSsc3Q

Rokurosv
January 27th, 2009, 08:00 AM
Buen video :D

I've been using some bespin hacks from KDE-Look and they look awesome, Bespin is by far the best widget and window decoration style for KDE 4

LuisAugusto
January 27th, 2009, 11:37 PM
Buen video :D

I've been using some bespin hacks from KDE-Look and they look awesome, Bespin is by far the best widget and window decoration style for KDE 4

Absolutely, Bespin is by far the best one (Actually, is the only true worthy alternative to Oxygen, the others are... quite crappy).

Mazza558
January 27th, 2009, 11:54 PM
Aww, if only KDE 4 really was that fast...

LuisAugusto
January 28th, 2009, 12:23 AM

What do you mean?

Aenoble
January 28th, 2009, 12:30 AM
Looks like it's playing at a normal speed to me...

I'd like to see the buttons made smaller, but otherwise Amarok 2 is looking really nice there. Nice video.

butlins
January 28th, 2009, 12:35 AM

It is that fast, video shows normal speed

LuisAugusto
January 28th, 2009, 12:48 AM
It's normal speed. I can't believe you thought it was accelerated, just look at the time slider XD.

Actually, my graphic card is piece of crap, so... it's slower than in real usage, you can see this specially on tabs changes and while scrolling trough the artist biography, and fades in and out (or lack off XD), at the bouncing KGet icon, at everything, everything is a little slower than in reality ;-)

Mazza558
January 29th, 2009, 07:57 PM
No, I meant the speed of rendering and loading, etc. KDE4 is not nearly as fast as that on my PC but that's due to ATI drivers.