PDA

View Full Version : [ubuntu] Bluetooth connection crashing Hardy laptop

scubabuddy
January 27th, 2009, 06:57 AM
Hi. I'm still a beginner and i'm worried that i've messed up something pretty badly.

I just got a new phone that's bluetooth capable and decided to connect it to my computer. Originally, i did and it worked fine. Once i tried to activate the bluetooth serial interface though, no such luck. As soon as I pair my computer with my phone, the system locks completely. Audio loops the last half second or so, the screen freezes, and the power button won't even turn it off. I have to take out the battery to get it to reboot.

I tried disabling the serial connection (not sure if i was successful or not), i reinstalled every package that relates to bluetooth, and did a factory reset of my phone... none of that has fixed it.

Any ideas what's causing this or a potential fix?

scubabuddy
January 27th, 2009, 08:55 PM
bump

utnubuuser
January 27th, 2009, 09:06 PM
Can you get hold of a different phone to see if it's hardware specific.

scubabuddy
January 27th, 2009, 11:15 PM
I just connected with my old phone using the same sim card and it connected no problem. So this is an issue with the new phone? It's an LG vu (CU920) if it helps...

scubabuddy
January 27th, 2009, 11:33 PM
and now i've switched my sim card back to my new phone and connected without crashing my computer. I can't browse or send files but it didn't crash...