PDA

View Full Version : [ubuntu] How do I add a radio station to Rhythmbox's library?

metallicamike
January 26th, 2009, 09:27 PM
I was wondering how to do this because i want to add the All Metallica Radio onto it. When I press create new it says to put in the URL so i put
http://player.play.it/player/aolPlayer.html?v=4.3.10&ur=1&us=1&id=957 and then it says "A text/html decoder plugin is required to play this stream, but not installed." What is the plugin I need to get that can decode it, and where do I get it from? Thanks in advance. P.S. I'm running intrepid.

metallicamike
January 26th, 2009, 09:48 PM
bump

metallicamike
January 26th, 2009, 10:03 PM
please.....help.......I'm desperate.

Malalo
January 26th, 2009, 10:23 PM
I don't think you'll be able to add this into Rythmbox. I tried myself and got the same message. Look at the properties for the preset stations. They are all links pointing to "****.m3u"
Perhaps you could find something similar on the website you wish to connect to ?

techstop
January 26th, 2009, 10:27 PM
You know, it's very poor form to bump your thread multiple times within minutes.

Have you tried anything at all? Like clicking on the "Music" menu? There is an option there called "New Internet Radio Station...". You will actually have to enter the URL for the server, not the playlist file. ie. If you have a playlist file, save it, open it in a text editor and you will see the real URL for the stream.

metallicamike
January 26th, 2009, 10:30 PM
i dont get what either of you said.....sorry for my noobness in this area.

Therion
January 26th, 2009, 10:37 PM
See that part in your link that says "aolplayer"? That's because this link uses the AOL Media Player.

Rhythmbox is choking on this link because it's "tied" to a specific player (AOL Media Player).

In short, it's not the kind of link you can plug into Rhythmbox.

techstop
January 26th, 2009, 10:43 PM
I've had a look at your link. It's a flash player. You can't add this station to RB as the guy above said.:(

metallicamike
January 27th, 2009, 12:21 AM
is there any way that i can find the link that streams to the aol player?

Therion
January 27th, 2009, 02:24 AM
is there any way that i can find the link that streams to the aol player?
You're not understanding the nature of the problem.

The link, the source of what you want, is TIED to the AOL media player. Period. No getting around it.

I'm sorry but you can NOT have what you want this time.