PDA

View Full Version : [ubuntu] Cant Play Audio Formats in some programs

rausuar
January 26th, 2009, 12:11 PM
Hi,

I use Intrepid, latest updates, with Medibuntu packages. I am trying to watch some embedded videos in Firefox, like the ones of Yahoo news and I cant watch them, but i do can watch other sites, like youtube and even other news sites.. any idea?

I am also trying to hear live radio stations, with the URL, and when i try to open them either using rhytmbox or exaile they dont play. In the contrary, if I open them with Totem media player, they do play. Any idea on how to do that?

thanks...!

halovivek
January 26th, 2009, 02:10 PM
Hi,

I use Intrepid, latest updates, with Medibuntu packages. I am trying to watch some embedded videos in Firefox, like the ones of Yahoo news and I cant watch them, but i do can watch other sites, like youtube and even other news sites.. any idea?

I am also trying to hear live radio stations, with the URL, and when i try to open them either using rhytmbox or exaile they dont play. In the contrary, if I open them with Totem media player, they do play. Any idea on how to do that?

thanks...!
The proper codes should be installed to play the files. you have to be properly installed java or Flash player to view the yahoo.
Try to download the latest or flash player and try.