PDA

View Full Version : [ubuntu] file operations artifact, window remains open

shalamabobbi
January 26th, 2009, 10:52 AM
When emptying the trash occasionally a window pops up for a bit titled file operations. Once it popped up and didn't go away, so I closed it and redid the empty trash.

Now whenever I do a file copy and the window opens with the progress bar there is a second empty progress bar above it titled file operations. When the file finishes copying, instead of the window closing the second bar disappears and the other empty bar remains and I have to manually close it.

This may be a bug, not sure though. Any ideas how to fix it? Thanks.

shalamabobbi
January 26th, 2009, 07:08 PM
here is what remains and has to be closed manually..

shalamabobbi
January 26th, 2009, 07:17 PM
Here it is while doing a file copy from one drive to another. There should only be the one progress bar, not two. The empty one remains and doesn't close by itself. That is the picture in the previous post.

WeDanceStupid
March 26th, 2009, 09:22 AM
I got rid of this problem by adding the "Force Quit" item to my panel. Leave the File Operations window open after a file transfer, click the Force Quit icon, and then click the window. It will close and the artifact will be gone the next time you move a file.

MarjaE
October 21st, 2011, 01:21 AM
I got rid of this problem by adding the "Force Quit" item to my panel. Leave the File Operations window open after a file transfer, click the Force Quit icon, and then click the window. It will close and the artifact will be gone the next time you move a file.

Thanks! Just needed that.