PDA

View Full Version : [ubuntu] Keyboard scrolling problem in Firefox

Hugene
January 25th, 2009, 07:59 PM
Hello all

Upon a first load of a web page in Firefox, when I press the down arrow key on the keyboard, I am brought directly to the absolute bottom of the page.

Then, I press the up arrow key on the keyboard, I start scrolling through the page, but as if the web page content was a word processor page, with a cursor appearing at the end of every line.

This is a extreme annoyance for me, as I like using my keyboard instead of my mouse as much as possible.

This problem always occurs, regardless of the "Use autoscroling" or "Smooth scroling" options in Firefox.

I understand the word processor-like behavior might be as designed. But the going to the bottom automatically cannot be.

Any work around? Otherwise, should I open a bug report, Firefox, or Gnome?

Thanks a lot

Hugene
February 2nd, 2009, 11:49 PM
Am I the only one to see this behavior?

Yashiro
February 8th, 2009, 04:15 AM
You've somehow enabled this option in the advanced config of firefox. I forget what it's called, sadly.

Close Firefox.
Then just delete your prefs.js in your mozilla profile /home/YOU/.mozilla/firefox/randomstring (these folders are hidden, You will need to press ctrl+h in Nautilus to see them).

Yashiro
February 13th, 2009, 01:51 PM
Or, press F7 as I've just discovered through some keyboard mashing. :)

darthmob
February 13th, 2009, 01:59 PM
I had that problem for months until I tried the options menu at random. it's the one I marked in red (box has to be unticked)!

ilcavero
August 24th, 2010, 07:30 PM
great thread, you saved me of having a headache, what an awful option to have on firefox.