PDA

View Full Version : [ubuntu] Pulling my hair out Macbook 8.04

NMbottlecap
January 25th, 2009, 04:49 AM
I've been working on this for most of the day, I have a macbook black 2.4Ghz Dual core, 2GB of RAM. I have a 30GB partition for Ubuntu. I get as far as selecting "Install Linux" and my disk drive goes into a loop of spinning up and down. I also have rEFIt install.

I'm trying to install 8.04 Please help

cyberdork33
January 25th, 2009, 05:14 AM
First, you should try to use Intrepid. It has the best support for your machine.

Second, please be sure to determine the proper version of your Mac. You can check the "Before you Post" link in my signature for information on that. Be sure to state the version of your Mac when you request help so that we know what you have on your hands.

The only time I get a spinup / spin down behavior like that on my Mac is when I have a badly burned disc. Make sure to verify the download and disc before installing, and when burning, choose to burn at the slowest speed you can to increase compatibility.

NMbottlecap
January 25th, 2009, 05:32 AM
First, you should try to use Intrepid. It has the best support for your machine.

Second, please be sure to determine the proper version of your Mac. You can check the "Before you Post" link in my signature for information on that. Be sure to state the version of your Mac when you request help so that we know what you have on your hands.

The only time I get a spinup / spin down behavior like that on my Mac is when I have a badly burned disc. Make sure to verify the download and disc before installing, and when burning, choose to burn at the slowest speed you can to increase compatibility.

I will try intrepid also for the record I have a MacBook4,1

GOT IT! my burner burned 4 coasters before I realized what the problem was, I pulled the speed down to 16x and it's now installing I'm sure I'll have 100 questions when I'm up and running.

Thanks again