PDA

View Full Version : [ubuntu] Screen Problem With Ubuntu Install

Rivcuban
January 25th, 2009, 04:25 AM
I had Ubuntu installed on my laptop (IBM A21p)for a couple of years and it worked flawlessly. Yesterday, I transferred some PDF files (2.1 GB worth) to my Ubuntu laptop. I did not realize that these PDF files were password locked ("FileOpen" protocol). Since I don't have the password I decided to delete these PDF files. Unfortunately, Ubuntu would not let me delete these files because "access was denied". So, I decided to re-install Ubuntu. I've tried installing version 8.10 and version 8.04.2 and the same thing happened...the screen is dissected into 3 parts and it is almost impossible to read what is on it. The right margin of the screen is 2/3 from left to right. Just right of the right margin is the left margin (on the remaining 1/3 of the screen). This is really strange. Does anyone have any suggestions? :(

Rivcuban
January 25th, 2009, 04:38 AM
Why is it that every time I post a question to this forum no one answers? Am I doing something wrong?

from_beyond
January 25th, 2009, 05:48 AM
You have to be root (sudo) to delete those files. You also have to be root to administer permissions to those files.