PDA

View Full Version : [ubuntu] screenlets on desktop AND widget layer?

musther
January 25th, 2009, 12:56 AM
I have screenlets running. Some of them are specified as widgets, and so shown when pressing F9 to call the compiz widget layer.

Of course, when you press F9 again, the widge layer is closed, and the screenlets vanish.

Is it possible to have a screenlet on the desktop, AND defined as a widget, so that it is normally shown on the desktop, but upon pressing F9, it jumps to the front with the widget layer?

Cheers!

Copitox
January 25th, 2009, 01:16 AM
I haven tried, but you can try by selecting the "treat as widget" option on the screenlets that you want in the widget layer, and let the desktop screenlets without that option.

PS: sorry for my bad english, i'm from south america.

musther
January 25th, 2009, 02:20 AM
Yes, I have done that, but what if I want the same ones, like a clock on the desktop, which also shows up on the widget layer?

I know I can have two clocks, but that seems like an convoluted way to do it.

Copitox
January 25th, 2009, 02:56 AM
Mh.. i think the only way is having two clocks, but it will suck more...

BTW, why do you want to do that? just curious..

musther
January 25th, 2009, 03:06 AM
Well I think it's good to have things like that visible on the desktop. But of course you often have windows over the desktop, so being able to bring them all to the front, with a simple keypress, is pretty neat. Used to be possible (well, still would be) with gdesklets.

Copitox
January 25th, 2009, 07:40 AM
you can still "bring them to the front" with some keys... Ctrl+Alt+D , they take you right to your desktop... i know is not the same but still..

themagicmanfromtrent
January 25th, 2009, 03:00 PM
Actually Ctrl+Alt+D will get rid of the screenlets as well...

Copitox
January 25th, 2009, 05:16 PM
No, if you go to CCSM> General Options and deactivate the hide skip taskbar windows option, the screenlets will stay up.

vipseixas
January 25th, 2009, 05:23 PM
Actually Ctrl+Alt+D will get rid of the screenlets as well...

It is not 100% true, I have screenlets on the desktop and ctrl-alt-D does not get rid of them. You just have to select "skip pager" and "skip taskbar" on the properties page of the screenlet.

themagicmanfromtrent
January 25th, 2009, 06:49 PM
No, if you go to CCSM> General Options and deactivate the hide skip taskbar windows option, the screenlets will stay up.

It is not 100% true, I have screenlets on the desktop and ctrl-alt-D does not get rid of them. You just have to select "skip pager" and "skip taskbar" on the properties page of the screenlet.

Fantastic, Thanks!