PDA

View Full Version : [ubuntu] How to restore Ubuntu startup and shutdown screens

bluntknife
January 24th, 2009, 05:20 PM
Hi all,

I think my question is most appropriately posted in here...

I recently installed Mythbuntu to test it on my newly install Intrepid laptop. I didn't get far and decided I'll remove it and try again another time. So, I removed the Mythtv packages using Synaptic Package Manager.

Problem is now (and I don't like it!) is that I still have the Mythbuntu startup and shutdown screens when booting up and shutting down my laptop.
Does anyone know how to restore the images and progress bars back to the original Ubuntu ones please?

Why does Mythbuntu do that in the first place? It's just a package, not an OS...!

Thanks in advance.

Metaljaz
January 28th, 2009, 08:51 PM
Try System>Administration>Login window and select the Local tab. Then
select the login window that you want.

bluntknife
January 30th, 2009, 07:15 PM
Thanks. That sorted it!

EDIT: That sorted the login window out but when booting up and shutting down my laptop I still see the Mythbuntu logo and progress bar...

How can I restore the original Ubuntu bootup and shutdown logo and progress bar?

Thanks.

bluntknife
February 6th, 2009, 02:07 PM
Anyone able to help here?

I cannot be the first person to uninstall Mythbuntu and want to get rid of the Mythbuntu startup and shutdown logo and progress bar...

I want the original Ubuntu bootup and shutdown logos and progress bars back!!!

redroad55
February 6th, 2009, 03:21 PM
Hi this app will help you do what your trying to do..If you have any problrm using it post back .. Best to you

sudo apt-get install startupmanager

bluntknife
February 12th, 2009, 11:25 PM
redroad55 - Thank you very much. I was able to revert back to the original Ubuntu startup and shutdown logo and progress bar.

startupmanager is a superb little tool.