PDA

View Full Version : [edubuntu] Error on installation of edubuntu

luke_shepp
January 24th, 2009, 02:19 PM
hi, i have got a desktop, and have just got an edubuntu disk to put onto it. I clicked on install to hard disk. this went through all of the setup and users and passwords, but when it got to the part when it was building the LTSP chroot, it failed. so i tried it again and this time it said no interface for LTSP dhcpd config found. and it finished the setup. when i came to logon on the edubuntu log on screen, i put my user name and password in but it said it could not write to my authentication file, this may be due to lack of disk space or your home directory could not be opened for writing??
Any ideas on how to solve this?? is my hard disk too small or is it the edubuntu disk that is not running its installation right??

thanks.

luke.

mikewhatever
January 24th, 2009, 03:26 PM
hi, i have got a desktop, and have just got an edubuntu disk to put onto it. I clicked on install to hard disk. this went through all of the setup and users and passwords, but when it got to the part when it was building the LTSP chroot, it failed. so i tried it again and this time it said no interface for LTSP dhcpd config found. and it finished the setup. when i came to logon on the edubuntu log on screen, i put my user name and password in but it said it could not write to my authentication file, this may be due to lack of disk space or your home directory could not be opened for writing??
Any ideas on how to solve this?? is my hard disk too small or is it the edubuntu disk that is not running its installation right??

thanks.

luke.
We don't know how large your hard disk is, because you didn't provide that info. Perhaps it is too small. What are you computer specs, CPU, RAM? Can you try running from CD and post the output of <df -h> from Applications->Accessories->Terminal.

luke_shepp
January 25th, 2009, 05:50 PM
thanks. but when i boot my computer up, with the disk in, it only gives these options:
Install to the hard disk
Install a workstation
Install a command-line system
Check CD for defects
Rescue a broken system
Memory test
Boot from the first hard disk.

which one would i have to click on??
my hard disk is 5.6GB, but partioned it only gives 5.4GB, the rest is swap files.

thanks

luke.