PDA

View Full Version : [kubuntu] Applications start in fullscreen mode (KDE 4.2 RC with compiz on)

Sorai
January 24th, 2009, 12:04 PM
Hello, I've got a little bit of a problem here...

Every time I start a KDE application, it starts in fullscreen mode, and well, having to manually change back every window I open into normal maximized state tends to be annoying when I'm preparing for my university exams and browsing dozens of PDFs with okular. Turning off compiz seems to work but that's not a solution since KDE desktop effects are not what I'd call a suitable replacement for compiz... The issue is, when I upgraded from Hardy to Intrepid a week ago, all seemed to work right... Then I somehow managed to corrupt the partition on which I had ubuntu and well... had to reinstall the system, which resulted in the current problem...

Anybody managed to find the solution to this problem? Google remains silent in response to my pleads for help and none of my friends uses KDE, not even mentioning the 4.2 version.

Thx for your replies in advance. Sorai ^^

Holy_Knight
January 29th, 2009, 03:23 PM
Hi, I had the same problem and didn't find the answer ... until I get bored trying and unchecking some of the compiz plugin and I got the one who was giving me this error. This was the one:

Utilities -> Entorno de trabajo (Work Enviroment... I think) ->
Allow Legacy on FullScreen

just uncheck that option and it's done...

I don't know if they're the exact phrases cause I have the options in Spanish but you get the idea...

Hope it works for you.

sspr
February 5th, 2009, 11:03 AM
Hi, I had the same problem and didn't find the answer ... until I get bored trying and unchecking some of the compiz plugin and I got the one who was giving me this error. This was the one:

Utilities -> Entorno de trabajo (Work Enviroment... I think) ->
Allow Legacy on FullScreen

just uncheck that option and it's done...

I don't know if they're the exact phrases cause I have the options in Spanish but you get the idea...

Hope it works for you.

I can confirm this. In The english version, you uncheck the checkbox located at:

System -> Preferences -> CompizConfig Settings Manager -> Utility -> Workarounds -> Legacy Fullscreen Support

This was also reported as a bug https://bugs.launchpad.net/bugs/324232

kag9000
February 8th, 2009, 10:32 PM
Had the same problem, thank you both for posting a solution.

spangaer
February 20th, 2009, 11:26 AM
Solved it for me too.
(Using KDE apps in Gnome)

Thx

skywatcher
February 21st, 2009, 01:24 PM
Hi

I have the same problem, but I don't find this on my Ubuntu 8.10 installation:

System -> Preferences -> CompizConfig Settings Manager -> Utility -> Workarounds -> Legacy Fullscreen Support

There is no "CompizConfig Settings Manager" under Preferences.

Any idea where I might find it?

Thanks.

NagWolf
February 26th, 2009, 06:32 AM
I also sometimes battle a bit to find the path to stuff like mentioned here, dunno why, anyway, try after clicking on the "Start" button, just typing Compiz, it should show under availible options

Thanx, this solution also worked 100% for me
Cheers:popcorn:

skywatcher
February 26th, 2009, 08:31 AM
Thanks, it worked for me, too, after I discovered that CompizConfig Settings Manager was not installed on my system!

simion314
March 2nd, 2009, 05:47 AM
This "Utilities -> Entorno de trabajo (Work Enviroment... I think) ->
Allow Legacy on FullScreen" worked for me in Arch linux with kde4.2 from kdemod.

crazy ivan
January 16th, 2010, 11:03 PM
thanks! few kde4 tools I use (konsole, korganizer..) open nicely now

BurgerKing
May 19th, 2010, 06:58 AM
Well, just found this solution for my self and this thread to late ^^

But, should this issue/bug been reported, and more precise, where?