PDA

View Full Version : [xubuntu] Strange color blades in pop up menus

johngreaver
January 24th, 2009, 04:25 AM
I dont know if this is the right place to post sorry if its not, I am running xunbuntu 8.10 and when i click on a pop up menu for a breif second before the menu displays there are weird color blades in the window like red gren blue i think it happens so fast i cant tell it dosent effect the function but its really annoying I have a Gateway mx6441 notebook with an ati radeon xpress 200 intergrated display adapter i am running the ati restricted driver and i am not using compiz or berl or emerald or anything like that i have some slight transperency using the xfce composite manager any one had this problem before or know a fix for it any help would be great im a linux noob but i can follow directions well and i know my way around a p.c in general thanks in advance for the help

Gateway mx6441 notebook
Xubuntu Intrepid Ibex
ati xpress 200 64mb
amd turion64 1.8ghz
512mb ram

johngreaver
January 24th, 2009, 10:24 PM
Friendly Bump

johngreaver
January 25th, 2009, 07:04 AM
So i guess im the only one that has ever had this problem?

cariboo
January 25th, 2009, 07:11 AM
Can you show us a screenshot?

Jim

johngreaver
February 6th, 2009, 07:00 AM
it happens to fast to catch a screen shot like for example when i go to open a menu like places when it goes to open it shows all kinda of weird colors inside the window before it open it only happens for a split second though just enough to annoy you

nfox
September 16th, 2009, 08:00 PM
This just started to happen to me a couple of days ago. Karmic with Intel and Compiz. Sometimes I'll hover over a link or a scrollbar and it will be a small black box with red and what looks like text maybe. It lasts milliseconds but is very odd indeed. There's been issues with artifacts on the screen but this is different. Seems to be spawned when the mouse cursor changes.

I used recordmydesktop and it did not show the glitches. It's clearly hardware or display driver related.