PDA

View Full Version : [SOLVED] Video playback is out of sync and freezes. This is horrible!

mahasmb
January 24th, 2009, 01:29 AM
This is absolutely horrible. I don't know what the problem is, but it's super annoying. Video playback the last few weeks has been skippy, out of sync, it's been freezing and sometimes the sound is very messed up. This is the same whether it's with Totem Player, VLC, or even a flash-based internet video like YouTube. I've tried everything I can think of. I even bought 2 GB of OCZ RAM hoping it would at least somewhat help.

I'm running a 3.0 GHz processor with hyper-threading, 2GB of OCZ RAM, 8600 NVidia Graphics card ... I should be able to play any video with no problem.

Also, .mkv videos seem to run even worse than .avi. I just can't understand this.

Please if anyone else has had problems like this or has any idea how to solve them, help me.

Edit:

Get this. The video playback in Windows XP under VIRTUALBOX is better than the video playback in Intrepid Ibex itself. It's pretty unbelievable...

I am running Intrepid Ibex.

Timi 9
January 24th, 2009, 05:03 PM
I don't want to tell you a solution,I don't know it but my guess is that the Nvidia driver has problems!It's to new,I don't know!:|

mahasmb
January 25th, 2009, 12:24 AM
Yeah... I really doubt that. I didn't have this problem with Hardy Heron.

mullesch2001
August 7th, 2009, 01:07 AM
i have the same problem and my pc is 3.2ghz p4 with ht overclocked to 3.6 4gb ram and ati raedon hd3650 pro graphics card both of our systems should moe than easily play 1080p movies and videos the problem is the hyperthreading next time open up task manager and watch the cpu graph the right cpu will be maxed out while the left is at 25% for some reason the hyper threading actualyy hurts performance for hd play back disable ht and playback will be flawless its just the way the ht handles multiple threads is the problem

mahasmb
August 23rd, 2009, 11:22 PM
Is there no hope? :cry:

I've given up watching videos with anything but SMPlayer. But sometimes SMPlayer doesn't have all the features I want.

mahasmb
November 17th, 2009, 04:41 PM
The problem just got worse until I bought a new motherboard and CPU, and since then my videos play perfectly.

I guess my CPU was just old ... because I noticed that while playing videos the CPU was near or at 100% usage.