PDA

View Full Version : Backports, Firefox, GMail Problems

Quest-Master
January 8th, 2005, 07:13 PM
I can't send mail with attachments through GMail, and I searched through their docs, and apparently, Firefox downloaded from anywhere other than the Mozilla site will not work properly with GMail. I got my Firefox from the Ubuntu backports project..

http://gmail.google.com/support/bin/answer.py?answer=8835&topic=133

Should I revert to 0.93 Firefox? I don't remember if it was working then however.

tiiim
January 8th, 2005, 07:17 PM
I can't send mail with attachments through GMail, and I searched through their docs, and apparently, Firefox downloaded from anywhere other than the Mozilla site will not work properly with GMail. I got my Firefox from the Ubuntu backports project..

http://gmail.google.com/support/bin/answer.py?answer=8835&topic=133

Should I revert to 0.93 Firefox? I don't remember if it was working then however.
well u could always revert then if dont work upgrade again.

i can send email attachments via firefox on gmail fine.

Quest-Master
January 8th, 2005, 07:24 PM
well u could always revert then if dont work upgrade again.

i can send email attachments via firefox on gmail fine.

Are you using the 1.0 Backport?

tiiim
January 8th, 2005, 09:38 PM
Are you using the 1.0 Backport?
no im using the one that comes with Ubuntu ....

jdong
January 8th, 2005, 09:59 PM
I'm using backports, and I can send attachments perfectly. Can you describe your problem in more detail?

angrylittleman
January 8th, 2005, 10:06 PM
I am also using ff 1.0 from backports without a problem, works great with my gmail account. What error messages if any are you getting???

Quest-Master
January 9th, 2005, 08:00 PM
As soon as I hit send on the mail with an attachment, it simply returns a "The document contains no data." alert. :\

elvislu
January 5th, 2006, 05:35 PM
I have the same problem. It's ok to send the mail without attachment. But when I want to attach some thing, and click the send button, it show sending forever. I use deer park and I noticed that when I sent a mail with attachment in gmail, the lock on the statusbar (certificate) will have a backslash on it. Does it have something to do with our problem? :confused:

haocheng
January 6th, 2006, 01:04 AM
I don't have any problem with GMail.
I use FF 1.5 from mozilla website.
Maybe you can try to install it manually,
it's also much faster than 1.07 :)

elvislu
January 6th, 2006, 05:39 PM
I got it somehow. There is no difference between FF1.07 and FF1.5 in thsi case. Actually, I use FF1.5. It has something to do with the gnutls library. I just updated the libgnutls11 package and now everything works well. So I suggest you try this and see if it works in your case. (I updated with the official ubuntu5.10 source)