PDA

View Full Version : Fox News Live - FYI

linux6994
January 23rd, 2009, 06:42 PM
I am running Ubuntu Linux 9.10 and Firefox 3.0.5. I have installed Fox News Live this morning to watch Beck. The installation with FireFox was flawless thanks! It was great, however; I have just a couple of minor technical issues.

1. The "F" icon within the kicker tray does not open anything up or respond to clicks.
2. Each time I watch a video then close it deposits yet another "F" icon to the tray. To remove the icons I need to reboot or just kill the Fox News Live process. If I open the Fox News Live and close it before the video feed is present then the icon clears the tray. Will the icon clear the tray when that particular feed stops?

Its a great feature that is working well except for the noted quirks.

Thanks

Sent to foxnewsonline

happysmileman
January 23rd, 2009, 06:55 PM
I am running Ubuntu Linux 9.10 and Firefox 3.0.5.

You mean 8.10 I assume?

Bölvağur
January 23rd, 2009, 07:05 PM
You mean 8.10 I assume?

you never saw "Back to the future" did you?

srt4play
January 23rd, 2009, 07:14 PM
I am running Ubuntu Linux 9.10 and Firefox 3.0.5. I have installed Fox News Live this morning to watch Beck. The installation with FireFox was flawless thanks! It was great, however; I have just a couple of minor technical issues.

1. The "F" icon within the kicker tray does not open anything up or respond to clicks.
2. Each time I watch a video then close it deposits yet another "F" icon to the tray. To remove the icons I need to reboot or just kill the Fox News Live process. If I open the Fox News Live and close it before the video feed is present then the icon clears the tray. Will the icon clear the tray when that particular feed stops?

Its a great feature that is working well except for the noted quirks.

Thanks

Sent to foxnewsonline

Where did you download it? I checked foxnews.com and couldn't locate it..

srt4play
January 24th, 2009, 04:44 AM
Found it here (http://linux.softpedia.com/get/Adobe-AIR-Apps/Internet-Tools/Fox-News-Live-42384.shtml).