PDA

View Full Version : [ubuntu] help needed for playstation 3

snowstorm167
January 23rd, 2009, 04:13 PM
Hello folks I am haven a prob resizeing the desktop on my ps3 ubuntu. I can only read the top half of anything in ubuntu and have tryed the commands for setting the size. I only have one size option which is something like 32x84. I use my ps3 on the following types of tvs 19 in 27 in 52 in (hdtv ready) so far this is the only issue I have with ubuntu on ps3 nice work guys done great

the command I have been useing and trying are as follows useing kboot:

1 install video=ps3fb:mode:x
2 install video=ps3fb:mode:component/d-terminal (for my 52 inch)
3 install video=ps3fb:mode:composite/s video

snowstorm167
January 23rd, 2009, 05:10 PM
i even tryed a reinstall to no luck

snowstorm167
January 23rd, 2009, 09:07 PM
bump

snowstorm167
January 24th, 2009, 07:40 AM
please someone help me or point me the right way I thank anyone that does help me out as it can help others out

Zewbie
January 24th, 2009, 07:47 AM
PSubuntu is great and all but maybe you should try installing Yellow Dog. The new release has alot of working apps pre installed.

snowstorm167
January 24th, 2009, 12:35 PM
have no clue about yellow dog I am a ubuntu linux user and windows
hate windows but must have for my comp games

Zewbie
January 24th, 2009, 01:08 PM
Windows is Windows and Linux is Linux. All flavors of Linux have their own difference from one to another. "Ubuntu" uses apt-get were "Sabayon" uses emerge were "Yellow Dog" uses yum. All the same commands other wise do the same thing. It's like j3rking off with your left hand, you know how to get there and you know how to do it.

snowstorm167
January 24th, 2009, 10:47 PM
I just would like help fixing my display problem not some other os to learn too soon for that it could be that i am missing something important and very simple to fix but sometimes one does need the help to fix something. I will at least take a look at this yellow dog at the least but I have been very happy with my ubuntu os. everyone here does a nice job as a rule fixing major probs and sometimes it is that we need a point in the right direction. my psubuntu works great except for the fact I can not read a whole page or submit things on it at the moment.

I would also like to ask ppl that are really going to give helpping me a try to please post and not try getting me to switch my system

snowstorm167
February 8th, 2009, 02:29 AM
well I must thank all for the great help fixing my ps3 ubuntu as it has my ps3 useless now from fixing one small thing it got out of hand

now how do i get back to my ps3 system

Zewbie
February 10th, 2009, 02:48 AM
type boot-game-os or hold the power button for a while that should reset it back to normal

snowstorm167
February 11th, 2009, 11:05 PM
i tryed that it didn't work

I tryed a shot in the dark useing just game and it worked

snowstorm167
February 22nd, 2009, 11:46 PM
i have only one setting for my desktop and need to fix can someone plz point me into the right spot to fix this or help get it to read it right it is a ubuntu system even thow it on my ps3.I am very happy with ubuntu so far on my desk top but do need to get my ps3 set up right as i can not even run updates or submit stuff on it
the only res i have is 64x128 and this is on a tv that is a 27 inch it is the same on my 52 inch as well
i would like to get it right on the 27 at the least