PDA

View Full Version : Monitor suggestions

Oplix
January 23rd, 2009, 07:13 AM
So I've been in the process of fixing my computer. Finally got the parts in the mail and set it all up... Only to discover that the AC plug on my monitor is broken.

I checked the chord on another monitor and it works fine. Although that monitor was broken so I can't use it. But I know the problem is in the monitor.

It's an LG Flatron L1952TX-BF 19".

It was a great monitor, I'm annoyed that it's not working.

I did have a couple complaints about it though... The colours, brightness, etc was all great. Although I did find that I had problems seeing smaller objects against a background. A bit more of a crisp image with a bit more colour contrast might be an improvement.

So I'm looking at HD monitors and found this:
http://www.newegg.ca/Product/Product.aspx?Item=N82E16824236051

I'm just wondering, has anyone seen this monitor in use? Has anyone seen both this monitor and the Flatron that they could compare the two?

Got any other monitors for roughly the same price range (try to stay under $300) that you can suggest?

I'd like to find something with a good viewing angle, although image and colour quality are the important factors.

Screen size isn't all that important. I have room for anything, but I'd like to stay on the larger side.

mips
January 23rd, 2009, 01:44 PM
Best to look at reviews from sites like anandtech, tomshardware etc.

I personally own a LG Flatron W2252TQ.

Also, 22" seems to hit the sweet spot right now for price vs size.

billgoldberg
January 23rd, 2009, 03:30 PM
I would go with the Samsung SyncMaster screens.

They look great (both in design and the screen itself).

I have this one:

http://www.ciao.com/Samsung_SyncMaster_T220HD__Review_10026883

It goes for around $220-$250

Oplix
January 23rd, 2009, 04:48 PM
I was looking at the T220(HD) but all the sellers who offer it for under $300 I'm a little unsure about...

I know factory refurbished is supposed to mean up to quality standards, but I'm still a little iffy about it. Anyone more informed care to fill me in on how trustable factory refurbishing is?

I've also noticed on spec lists that the T220 seems to have a higher contrast ratio than the T220HD, but otherwise have all the same specs except the TV tuner. I'm thinking that the T220 might serve better as computer monitor 0.o? *scratch*