PDA

View Full Version : [ubuntu] Burning .Vob, .Bup, .Ifo etc to play in DVD player

joey-elijah
January 22nd, 2009, 09:20 PM
Sorry for the "n0ob"-esque questions but i only have a few blank dvd's lying around and don't wanna waste any potential Jaunty live-cd materials! ;)

I just downloaded a documentary that's in a VIDEO_TS folder. Normally i avoid such downloads cos i don't know how to deal with them (.avi, .mkv, .iso etc all fine. Even movies split into .rars! but not .vobs >_<)

Just wondering how i burn the folder to play on a DVD player. (i.e what do i use? Can i do it in Brasero? Do i just burn it like a data disc... etc)

Mucho help will be mucho appreicated!

mgol
January 22nd, 2009, 10:00 PM
I'd recommend k3b. I know, it's dedicated for KDE, but it's really full featured. Brasero is quite simple and I haven't noticed any serious DVD management there.

If You don't want to install k3b, You can try GnomeBaker (but I'm not completely sure if it supports recording DVD Videos).

k3b has a dedicated "record DVD Video" option and You are only required to move demanded files to automatically created VIDEO_TS directory on DVD.

joey-elijah
January 22nd, 2009, 11:13 PM
I kinda solved it myself. All i did was drag the VIDEO_TS and AUDIO_TS folders to a blank disc in nautilus and clicked 'write to disc'. It works fine in my DVD player, too.