PDA

View Full Version : [ubuntu] video problems after ubuntu install pls help

ihelpadvertize.com
January 22nd, 2009, 08:54 PM
hi

i just installed ubuntu and when i started running it i get this blank screen with OUT OF TIMING V:15Hz H:16,0KHz at the bottom of the screen.

can someone help me here, i also have another pc with the same problem, i get this colorful screen and nothing starts

i believe there is some video incompatibilities here, im just starting to learn and use ubuntu

i tried to search for solutions here, but i saw none so im posting this one

my screen uses:
1280x1024pixels
32bit
96dpi
60hz
acceleration is full

thank you

gcracker
January 22nd, 2009, 10:42 PM
hi

i just installed ubuntu and when i started running it i get this blank screen with OUT OF TIMING V:15Hz H:16,0KHz at the bottom of the screen.

Here's your problem. Ubuntu has gotten it in its head to run your display at 15Hz refresh rate. Have you tried installing in safe graphics mode?

There may be an underlying problem that other advanced users can see or have dealt with, but off the top of my head, that is the first.

What is your system and video card?

(Why Ubuntu trys these odd refresh timings is a little queer...)

ihelpadvertize.com
January 22nd, 2009, 10:49 PM
intel core 2 quad cpu
q6600 2.4ghz
2.39 ghz, 3gb ram
physical add extension

ati radeon hd 2400 pro

tnx

ihelpadvertize.com
January 22nd, 2009, 10:51 PM
my laptop seems to work fine

my office and home pc does have this video problems

tnx

ihelpadvertize.com
January 22nd, 2009, 10:52 PM
i got my monitors on extended mode with a 24 inch and 19 inch flat screen

i disabled extending mode still it stops on a colored screen at home, and out of timing at my office

tnx

ihelpadvertize.com
January 22nd, 2009, 10:55 PM
Here's your problem. Ubuntu has gotten it in its head to run your display at 15Hz refresh rate. Have you tried installing in safe graphics mode?

There may be an underlying problem that other advanced users can see or have dealt with, but off the top of my head, that is the first.

What is your system and video card?

(Why Ubuntu trys these odd refresh timings is a little queer...)

what is safe graphics mode?

ihelpadvertize.com
January 23rd, 2009, 12:43 AM
you mean safe mode?

but the cd will autoboot on restart, how can i go to F8 safemode and start it? click the exe file? i will try

tnx