PDA

View Full Version : [ubuntu] Preconfigured Live USB?

BabyTom219
January 22nd, 2009, 02:45 PM
Hi guys, im fairly new to linux and I just installed it on my acer aspire one. Ive spent some time patching it, getting drivers and just generally tweaking it so it performs well. Now one of my friends wants ubuntu on his aspire one as well. He has exactly the same model netbook as me.
Is there any way of making a customised live usb with the configuration and programs i have at the moment that I can install as normal on his netbook, so it comes out the same as mine? Would save me a lot of time and hassle sorting it all out for him again, especially since his situation makes it tricky to get internet access.
Any help greatly appreciated.

boof1988
January 22nd, 2009, 03:17 PM
Hi guys, im fairly new to linux and I just installed it on my acer aspire one. Ive spent some time patching it, getting drivers and just generally tweaking it so it performs well. Now one of my friends wants ubuntu on his aspire one as well. He has exactly the same model netbook as me.
Is there any way of making a customised live usb with the configuration and programs i have at the moment that I can install as normal on his netbook, so it comes out the same as mine? Would save me a lot of time and hassle sorting it all out for him again, especially since his situation makes it tricky to get internet access.
Any help greatly appreciated.

"Remastersys" (to create the iso) may be a good option for you. There are other options as well, can't think of nay now though, but Remastersys creates the live-desktop iso pretty much automatically. There are a couple of options for what information to include in the iso which give it some flexibility as well.

"Unetbootin" is pretty good at making a bootable USB from the iso.

HTH...

BabyTom219
January 22nd, 2009, 03:49 PM
"Remastersys" (to create the iso) may be a good option for you. There are other options as well, can't think of nay now though, but Remastersys creates the live-desktop iso pretty much automatically. There are a couple of options for what information to include in the iso which give it some flexibility as well.

"Unetbootin" is pretty good at making a bootable USB from the iso.

HTH...

Thats great, exactly what I was looking for.
TYVM

boof1988
January 22nd, 2009, 04:54 PM
Thats great, exactly what I was looking for.
TYVM

Hope it is what you need... Let us know how it goes.