PDA

View Full Version : [ubuntu] amaroK in gnome (8.10)

nunyez
January 22nd, 2009, 01:28 PM
I installed amaroK last night and I know that it's KDE and all. I'm using the standard theme shipped with ibex (murrina orange or whatever) and all of the menu's in amaroK are white text on white background. I searched for a solution but couldn't find much. I apt-get'd qt3-config but that didn't solve it for me. I also read about some plans to try and merge gnome/kde themes together so apps for other environments can look just like the native environment apps. Anyone else have this problem, or better yet, a solution?

nikgare
January 22nd, 2009, 02:21 PM
Which version of amarok are your using?
AFAIK versions before 2.0 use qt3, versiona 2.0 or greater use qt4

ie:
qtconfig-qt4 or qtconfig-qt3

nunyez
January 22nd, 2009, 02:31 PM
I used the synaptic repository gui last night, and am away from my machine to tell you right now. But its either the latest or whatever is listed in the repo.

Cammy
January 22nd, 2009, 02:35 PM
I had a similar problem with Amarok under Gnome and I solved it by installing kcontrol. Once intalled, I was able to change the appearance of Amarok using it. I do use 8.04 though, but I can't imagine 8.10 would be too much different.

Timi 9
January 22nd, 2009, 02:59 PM
The only way to change the theme in Intrepid for Amarok 1.4 is to download a third party repo with Kde 3.5.10 for Ubuntu(if it exists in present days).I will advise you not to do it,because it can break your system stability,I know it cause I've tried it my self(you will need to install kcontrol for Kde 3.5.10,and kwin for themes).To bad that the Kubuntu team droped support for Kde 3.5.10.If you really want to make your Amarok look nice I think you should downgrade to Hardy(cause I know the plastik theme is horrible)witch is a little to much for just one player.I recommend Exaile for a real Gnome DE blend!;)

nunyez
January 22nd, 2009, 03:06 PM
Exaile looks like a good solution for me :p It is nice to know about kcontrol should I run other kde apps in the future.