PDA

View Full Version : [kubuntu] Google Contacts not Rendering Correctly

SlippersDragon
January 22nd, 2009, 11:59 AM
I have a display problem when using GMAIL which I hope you can assist with.

My contacts list (see screenshot) is overlapping, and can only be read clearly by zooming in. I am using Kubuntu8.10 & Firefox3.0.5. I have used the BetterGmail2 add-in but this has now been disabled, and within GMAIL I have the default theme.

I have made no customisations to Kubuntu, and Firefox has all settings as default (i.e. no zoom or changes to fonts). Compiz is not installed.

For what it is worth, my account looks fine on an XP machine. I hope you can assist.

jimbog
January 22nd, 2009, 12:30 PM
I am using exactly the same setup, but in Firefox Edit -> Preferences -> Content I have changed the default font to FreeSans size 13. And I don't allow web pages to choose their own fonts (in the advanced menu).

I don't remember having had problems with Gmail before doing this, but then again I made the changes before upgrading to 8.10.

Sorry it's not exactly a solution, but for me the Gmail contacts are displayed correctly, and that is the only difference I can see between our setups.

SlippersDragon
January 22nd, 2009, 03:06 PM
Thanks for the advice - unfortunately this makes it worse. I cannot see any of the contact names using a smaller font.