PDA

View Full Version : [ubuntu] Tomboy on startup

alkamid
January 22nd, 2009, 08:30 AM
Hello,

A few months ago I setup Tomboy to start on startup (I added it in "system->preferences->sessions"). I wanted it to open in tray so I couldn't use the default command ("tomboy --search"). Instead, I typed just "tomboy" and everything worked fine: tomboy ran on startup in tray. A few weeks ago it changed: now it's not starting in tray and when I click "close" it closes instead of minimizing. I don't recall installing any update for Tomboy, but maybe there was one.
Anyone sees a way to solve this? I want it to start in tray again (I don't want it to open its window at startup).

alkamid
January 22nd, 2009, 06:32 PM
bump

alkamid
January 23rd, 2009, 07:41 AM
Bump (:

boof1988
January 23rd, 2009, 05:54 PM
Bump (:

Please consider waiting ~24hours between bumps.

Kind Regards...

alkamid
February 1st, 2009, 12:21 PM
Sorry for that. Now I think it's time to bump again.

alkamid
February 6th, 2009, 02:23 PM
bump

MaraMax
April 9th, 2009, 08:24 AM
Do u start it with --tray-icon option?

tomboy --tray-icon

alkamid
April 9th, 2009, 08:31 AM
Yes, it's not working though. I partly solved it by just adding Tomboy to gnome panel and removing it from startup. I asked about it on Tomboy IRC channel and they said there's nothing to be done with that.

LordNibler
June 1st, 2009, 07:56 AM
Hello,

A few months ago I setup Tomboy to start on startup (I added it in "system->preferences->sessions"). I wanted it to open in tray so I couldn't use the default command ("tomboy --search"). Instead, I typed just "tomboy" and everything worked fine: tomboy ran on startup in tray. A few weeks ago it changed: now it's not starting in tray and when I click "close" it closes instead of minimizing. I don't recall installing any update for Tomboy, but maybe there was one.
Anyone sees a way to solve this? I want it to start in tray again (I don't want it to open its window at startup).

Hello,

I had exactly the same problem. I found a workaround:

I wrote a script:

#!/bin/bash
sleep 25 && tomboy;
and set this script to start on startup (added it in "system->preferences->sessions")

Now tomboy starts minimized and it is minimizing when I click "close".

P.S. I'm new to linux and Ubuntu and I don't understand such tomboy behavior.

Viva
June 1st, 2009, 08:38 AM
Right Click on the panel and add the tomboy applet.