PDA

View Full Version : [ubuntu] Low resolution

shang1
January 22nd, 2009, 01:36 AM
I have recently installed ubuntu and I am keen to become a convert. However, when I start the computer I get, "Low screen resolution", when I try to reconfigure or just to run in low screen resolution for this session it will not go any further, it justs loops on this screen.
The graphics card is a gigabyte GV-NX53128D. Am I missing drivers? Whats going on?
Help please :D

Shazaam
January 22nd, 2009, 03:52 AM
Go to System>Administration>Hardware Drivers. See if you can enable drivers for the video card there.

shang1
January 22nd, 2009, 05:16 AM
I cant get to the desktop, I only get the low resolution error and can't get past it.

Shazaam
January 22nd, 2009, 05:33 AM
Try this...
When the pc boots you will see the "hit your ESC key" prompt, go ahead and do that. You should then see a grub boot screen with the kernel choices. Highlight "Recovery mode" and hit enter. It will then boot to a choice of options, choose "xfix". See if that helps.

sidefx2
February 4th, 2009, 05:12 PM
Try this...
When the pc boots you will see the "hit your ESC key" prompt, go ahead and do that. You should then see a grub boot screen with the kernel choices. Highlight "Recovery mode" and hit enter. It will then boot to a choice of options, choose "xfix". See if that helps.

I just wanted to let you know this worked for me, thanks a lot it was a huge pain being in 800x600.