PDA

View Full Version : [ubuntu] Install inside windows on a 1440x900, ubuntu desktop unaccesable

thikidflyss
January 21st, 2009, 06:09 PM
Im running the 8.10 desktop version on my AMD athlon 64 3700+ 1GB of ram and when ever i get into ubuntu it's blurry and the desktop or start menu or whatever cant be used.

I've been trying t learn how to linux for a while now and havent even had success on installing it. Do you think i should use a regular old monitor then change the settings? i don't feel like doing that but was wondering whats another way?

taurus
January 21st, 2009, 06:13 PM
What graphic card do you have? Are you using a 19" widescreen LCD monitor?

thikidflyss
January 21st, 2009, 06:33 PM
oh i totally forgot to mention it's an evga nvidia nforce 7800 gt and yes, it's a 19' widescreen. viewsonic VA1912wb with a dead pixel on it :/

taurus
January 21st, 2009, 06:54 PM
Have you installed an nvidia driver for it in System -> Administration -> Hardware Drivers?

thikidflyss
January 21st, 2009, 07:48 PM
well the problem is i cant even get it to display the desktop in ubuntu properly to even change anything.

is there any way i can change the settings from inside windows?

thikidflyss
January 30th, 2009, 07:21 AM
wellll, i press F4 and dide the safemode. ran fine but wiped out my hd's :(

i've been wanting to do that but also soave some files, but i can just upload all my saves from my devices after weeks.

Now, my screen text is off.

http://img120.imageshack.us/my.php?image=snapshot6nh3.jpg <-- for ksnapshot :)

husky55
January 30th, 2009, 01:24 PM
Is your windows still working?

thikidflyss
February 5th, 2009, 04:33 PM
no, i accedently formatted both hard drive resulting in loss of all my data. but i can re-download and install everything. just that wine doesnt work that good for me. ugh....

well so far into linux i perfer it over windows AND mac...

So user friendly if you know what your doing and take your time relearning commands. Im used to the old DOS commands from a book.