PDA

View Full Version : [ubuntu] open office fonts look like cyrillic unicode characters

egrpioneer
January 21st, 2009, 04:05 PM
8.10 installed and have climbed the learning curve fairly fast. Wireless working great, etc.
But this issue has me stumped! Open Office spreadsheet fonts look like cyrillic (and other) unicode characters. Same problem in help/howto files. Unable to read the the copy.
Also, have to "force" the spreadsheet window to close. Additionally, the word processor and presntation will not open. Last night I downloaded and installed openoffice.org, but didn't seem to help solve the problems.

Thanks in advance for any help that can be offered.

egrpioneer
January 22nd, 2009, 02:30 PM
8.10 installed and have climbed the learning curve fairly fast. Wireless working great, etc.
But this issue has me stumped! Open Office spreadsheet fonts look like cyrillic (and other) unicode characters. Same problem in help/howto files. Unable to read the the copy.
Also, have to "force" the spreadsheet window to close. Additionally, the word processor and presntation will not open. Last night I downloaded and installed openoffice.org, but didn't seem to help solve the problems.

Thanks in advance for any help that can be offered.

Solution needed! Please respond.