PDA

View Full Version : [kde] How to show status bar in Konqueror 4.1.3

hopo
January 21st, 2009, 03:17 PM
Hi all!
I just ran into a minor problem with Konqueror in Ubuntu 8.10 after upgrading from 8.04: Konqueror does not show the status bar by default.

I have tried googling and nobody seems to have had this exact problem before.

I understand that showing the status bar in some way is related to the current View Profile, but I can't find anywhere to tell Konqueror that I want it back! For instance, when I select a number of documents, I want the status bar to show me the sum total file size of the selected files.

My desktop uses Gnome, but I have added Konqueror for file management. The version is 4.1.3; the same as the KDE [libraries] installed.

Footer
November 29th, 2009, 04:36 PM
Sorry to resurrect an old thread but I just started looking in to this and it appears to still be a problem. I'm running Kubuntu 9.10 and I can't find how to enable the status bar in Konqueror either. I managed to Google around and find out how to enable it via the 'filemanagement' file found in:

~/.kde/share/apps/konqueror/profiles

Change the line:

StatusBar=Disabled

to:

StatusBar=Enabled

Close and reopen Konqueror and you'll see the status bar again, but in my case it was only for a couple of tabs? I have four tabs currently and only two of them show the status bar at the bottom.

Perhaps this is a bug? Anyone else experiencing this behavior with Konqueror file management?

emaydubya
December 2nd, 2009, 11:19 AM
Thank you very much!