PDA

View Full Version : Stay up allnight

neil_kelli
January 21st, 2009, 04:06 AM
Are we gonna do it??? I'm game

MikeTheC
January 21st, 2009, 04:46 AM
I'd like to, but sadly I have classes tomorrow. However, I'll be here in spirit, cheering you on!

smartboyathome
January 21st, 2009, 04:50 AM

If you don't mind me asking, why?

Istonian
January 21st, 2009, 04:56 AM

I wait until Friday night to do that.

Random BTW.

wolfen69
January 21st, 2009, 04:57 AM

i stay up until i get tired. go for it.

Yes
January 21st, 2009, 05:03 AM
Lol, me and my girlfriend have a contest nearly every night to see who can stay up latest. A few times we've ended up staying up all night, but it really wasn't pleasant the next day ](*,)

PrimoTurbo
January 21st, 2009, 05:08 AM
I've done over 50 hours a few times, at least once over 65+ hours with no sleep. I'm probably going to stay up anyways until i feel tired.

If you stay up for a long time, first you get a headache and you feel like you can't focus. Then at some point you start seeing things or hearing stuff. Like buzzing sounds or shadows.

smartboyathome
January 21st, 2009, 05:11 AM
I've done over 50 hours a few times, at least once over 65+ hours with no sleep. I'm probably going to stay up anyways until i feel tired.

If you stay up for a long time, first you get a headache and you feel like you can't focus. Then at some point you start seeing things or hearing stuff. Like buzzing sounds or shadows.

In other words, get your sleep. Its bad for your health if you don't. ;)

chucky chuckaluck
January 21st, 2009, 05:16 AM
sure, i'm snowed in (that's anything more than a light dusting in north carolina).

yabbadabbadont
January 21st, 2009, 05:25 AM
Many many years ago in the dark ages of computing (I was using an IBM 3780 terminal) I made it into my third day before my friends realized that I was hallucinating and put me to bed. Naturally, it was finals week and I was working on a program that was due the last day of the week. I had been debugging the code for a couple of hours when this little cartoon character showed up on the screen (which was a text only terminal...) and started arguing with me on where the problem was in the code. When I started arguing back out loud, my friends decided it was time to take action. :D

When I woke up the next day, I realized that the cartoon character had been right... :lol:

Giant Speck
January 21st, 2009, 05:41 AM
Weirdly enough, I get heartburn if I stay up all night.

LookTJ
January 21st, 2009, 06:02 AM
I'd recommend sleep because it is good for your mental and physical health

kavon89
January 21st, 2009, 06:09 AM
Stay up doing what?

wolfen69
January 21st, 2009, 06:31 AM
i stayed up for 3 days once. i slept for 36 hours after. 5 days i won't get back, and don't remember.

wolfen69
January 21st, 2009, 06:33 AM
Weirdly enough, I get heartburn if I stay up all night.

i hear ya. especially after a few drinks and buffalo wings. :-s

ThorEros
January 21st, 2009, 08:30 AM
I'm in. Though, staying up all night isn't uncommon for me after years of night shift jobs.

wolfen69
January 21st, 2009, 08:51 AM
I'm in. Though, staying up all night isn't uncommon for me after years of night shift jobs.

i worked night crew for years too. it's a hard habit to break.

beercz
January 21st, 2009, 01:44 PM
No

Too tired.

Although, once when I was a student I few friends and I stayed up all night to wait for the very first time breakfast tv was broadcast in the UK (about 1982/3 I think). How sad is that?