PDA

View Full Version : Lost a bet and had to use Vista

night_fox
January 21st, 2009, 01:28 AM
Hi, I'd just like to say to everyone who replied to my thread about having to use vista for a week because I lost a bet:

1) It got closed because it was in the other OS talk and was definately "bashing" vista. Which was fair enough.

2) Fortunately I didn't have to it in the end. I cut a deal which meant baking my friend some chocolate chip cookies.

Lucky escape!

:guitar:

dragos240
January 21st, 2009, 01:31 AM
Hi, I'd just like to say to everyone who replied to my thread about having to use vista for a week because I lost a bet:

1) It got closed because it was in the other OS talk and was definately "bashing" vista. Which was fair enough.

2) Fortunately I didn't have to it in the end. I cut a deal which meant baking my friend some chocolate chip cookies.

Lucky escape!

Nice, you just doged a lethal blow there! Linux 4 ever!

Bölvağur
January 21st, 2009, 01:55 AM
Oh man you are so lucky you know how to bake ;) Otherwise you could have turned into a mindless zombie.

btw lets continue this settle humor throughout this thread and perhaps add more sarcasm and a dash of salt.

dragos240
January 21st, 2009, 02:06 AM
Oh man you are so lucky you know how to bake ;) Otherwise you could have turned into a mindless zombie.

btw lets continue this settle humor throughout this thread and perhaps add more sarcasm and a dash of salt.

Or discuss it over a few cups of freshly ground ubuntu.

smartboyathome
January 21st, 2009, 02:11 AM

Hey, I'm not a mindless zombie even though I use Vista for Tremulous! (btw, I know tremulous works on Linux, but my desktop doesn't run Linux because the rest of the family hates it and doesn't even want a dual boot).

I-75
January 21st, 2009, 02:14 AM
On the positive side since Windows 7 is really Vista (redone), you could have used the Windows 7 Beta for a week (still say it was Vista...technically ) and it would be at least interesting trying out a "new" distro.

Bölvağur
January 21st, 2009, 02:30 AM
Hey, I'm not a mindless zombie even though I use Vista for Tremulous!

yes indeed.. I was being extremely serious... you zombie...:lolflag:

geoken
January 21st, 2009, 02:47 AM

Lucky escape!

So did you use Vista at all?

hyperyoda
January 21st, 2009, 02:57 AM
Talk about dodging a bullet! lol!

wolfen69
January 21st, 2009, 03:13 AM
but my desktop doesn't run Linux because the rest of the family hates it and doesn't even want a dual boot).

who's computer is it?

Giant Speck
January 21st, 2009, 03:16 AM
Hey, I'm not a mindless zombie even though I use Vista for Tremulous! (btw, I know tremulous works on Linux, but my desktop doesn't run Linux because the rest of the family hates it and doesn't even want a dual boot).

Is it your computer?

gletob
January 21st, 2009, 03:48 AM

Why?

MaxIBoy
January 21st, 2009, 04:06 AM

Your laptop must be pretty old, then.

smartboyathome
January 21st, 2009, 04:07 AM
who's computer is it?

My family's (technically half mine, half my father's, since we both chipped in money). I can't change it though because they would yell at me if I did (and, quite frankly, Vista works for Tremulous). I use it for tremulous because Intel sucks for 3D. :mad:

Why?

Because they think that just because Linux exists on the computer, it causes problems. :(

Your laptop must be pretty old, then.

No, it has an Intel X3100, it is just that it is very slow at 3D compared to my desktop (which has an nvidia 6100).